Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2009 hatched Birmingham rollers for sale for $8.00 each for reds, yellows, blues, duns and blacks, $10.00 each for whites and $12.00 each for almonds, opals, andalusians and spread ash rollers.
I have solids, baldheads, grizzles, splashes, bell necks, checks, bars and mottles.
You are welcome to pick the rollers up in Dayton, Ohio and I ship anywhere in the United States.
Keith
(937)570-6088
[email protected]
http://freewebs.com/kjcii/

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Scott, I have 1 red and 1 yellow baldhead weaned and ready to go. I have several more in the nest that should start weaning soon. They are $8.00 each.
The coopers hawks have been real bad at my house the last two weeks, so it may be getting unsafe to fly them where you live.
The coopers have been waking me up in the morning when they dive in and spook my birds in their flight pens. They have all been young hawks and they are acting pretty desperate. They won't leave until I chase them off.
Keith

G

·
i will second that hawk motion and raise you one .. they are getting evil and ornery to say the least and terrorizing my birds thru the wires too .. you might wanna try hanging some shiny cd disks around your property in the trees where they can spin and refect the sun as it does help somewhat to scare them off a little ;) just give it a try and you might like the results :)

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had one young coopers hawk, a few years ago, that landed on top of my 16x8 foot flight pen 6 times, while I was standing in it, talking to a man that was buying some pigeons from me.
We would wave our arms it would fly to the fence and then immediately fly back on to the top of the flight pen.
I went out of the flight pen and chased it and it perched on the wires above and behind my flight pen until we both came out, when it finally took off.
There is a coopers' nest 3 yards down, behind me, but I have more trouble with the migrating young hawks.
I rarely fly birds here, so the local hawks mostly leave my birds alone.
I fly out of two lofts I keep at a friend's farm and have never had any problems with hawks there.
My friend is a falconer and keeps a redtail in a weathering area within about 15 feet of one of my lofts.
I think the coopers are afraid to enter his hawk's territory.
Keith

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
60 Posts
does your rollers roll or do you just breed for colors???and how deep are they if they do roll??plus what strains of rollers do you have??? and in the past i see you have some pigeons that dont really look like pure rollers on your rollers section...and how come you dont post up pictures of the rollers you have for sale on your site...if i was to buy a roller or a pigeon at all i would like to see what it looks like first..but its just me...GL on your sales

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, my flying type Birmingham rollers roll, mostly between 20 and 30 feet with some rolling close to 50 feet. My show rollers only roll a little bit.
Most of my red and white grizzles and pieds are fireballs, the other ones are from different strains.
I need to update my site with new pictures.
I hope to have some more up soon.
Keith

·
Registered
240 Posts
My rollers are from Keith C.'s loft. They are a several months old now and I think three of the four roll, but one has had two hatches since I have owned them. The birds arrive in good healthy condition. All mine have molted into beautiful young birds and have been strong and healthy. Very happy doing business with Keith.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts