Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In 2009 hatched Birrmingham rollers I have 20 solid yellows, 16 red grizzles or pieds, 6 solid whites, 5 mostly white pieds, 2 dun bars, 1 dark check pied and 1 yelllow bar for sale for $8.00 each.
In 2009 hatched oriental rollers I have 2 bronzed, 2 red and 1 black for sale for $10.00 each.
In 2009 hatched Chinese owls I have 2 dun checks, 2 dun bars, 1 ash red check, 1 ash red bar, 1 yellow bar, 1 yellow check and 2 solid yellows for sale for $15.00 each.
I will have a lot more young birds ready to go soon.
Pigeons may be picked up in Dayton, Ohio and shipping is available.
When shipping, Paypal and USPS money orders are both taken as payment.
You may see photographs of some of the pigeons I have for sale on my website at:
http://freewebs.com/kjcii/
Keith
(937)570-6088
[email protected]

·
Registered
385 Posts
gosh, you must have a TON of birds 'cause your advertising them everywere!

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Xavier, it's what I do for a living and yes I do have a lot of pigeons.
I get to talk about pigeons with people all over the country, from all over the world and work with pigeons every day.
It is great getting to do something I enjoy for a living, though the money could be a little better.
Keith

·
Registered
385 Posts
As I've said to many people, I'd bye some more because I have plenty of space, but I'm not allowed.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I can attest that Keith's birds are healthy and nice. I bought 4 rollers and two mated up a couple weeks ago and they are setting on two eggs right now. Soon have 6 rollers:D
Shipping and working with keith was very professional too.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Banding them all would be prohibitively expensive and since I do not compete it is unecessary.
Most of the people I sell to do not care if a bird is banded or not.
The band tells nothing about the quality of the bird.
You can put bands on any bird that's foot is small enough for it to slip on still.
Locally, very few people band their pigeons, unless they are racing or showing and have to.
Keith

·
Registered
22 Posts
I would be interested in a pair of rollers! I'm in northern Wisconsin, so I don't think I could pick them up, so how much would shipping be? Your prices seem very reasonable and your birds are beautiful! I've got a very spacious loft with only 16 homers, mostly for fun. I keep my breeders in seperate pens and they're very healthy; I promise they'd be well-cared-for.

G

·
nothing personal but I personally think an unbanded bird holds less value due to the fact that its untracible not only within its own a family line or strain but also if it gets lost as well ..but again thats just my 2 cents ;)

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I know that some people consider unbanded pigeons as worthless, or nearly so; I disagree.
I know that bands can be a valuable tool for breeding.
I do band birds, but not every bird.
I think the quality of the bird is way more important than a piece of plastic or aluminum stuck on it's leg.
The main reason I do not band every bird is cost.
I sold a very large number of pigeons last year and hope to double it this year.
I believe my prices are very reasonable and I would rather keep my prices low and help promote our shared hobby by selling good quality affordable pigeons.
Most fanciers I sell to keep pigeons as pets and are not into competition in any form.
It is a free market and no one is forced to buy an unbanded bird I am selling.
In our poor economy price is an important consideration.
I frequently get asked how to safely remove the bands from pigeons, I sold that were banded, especially white homers used for weddings and funerals.
I have sold pigeons to a large number of people on Pigeon Talk and the vast majority have been very happy with what they recieved.
About 30% of my customers this year have been repeat customers.
I doubt that more than 1% of banded birds that are lost are returned home because of the band.
Keith Caserta

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Racing Homer, please email me your zip code and the number and type of pigeons you want, so that I can figure the shipping cost for you or feel free to call me at (937)570-6088.
Keith
[email protected]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.