Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FOR SALE

I am take orders for up to four 2010 young bird racing kits of six birds per kit. I am asking $100 plus box and shipping per six bird kit. If you are interested in something other than a six bird kit please PM me for price and info. I will not be racing this year, only sending a few birds out to $ races and friends. The birds you receive will be out of some of my best.

If interested please PM me giving me your name, phone number and best time to call so we can discuss what birds would fit your needs the best.

Thanks, Mark/Ace

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My breedings are all crosses. Bred from Houben, Janssen, Vic Miller, HVR, Super Schellins, Ludo, Engels &&

Ace

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here is a little info on my birds and their record.

In 2008 my team won 1/2 of tha races they were in. Twice the top 3, twice top 5 and once the top seven places. In the 2008 club and combine auction races I had two birds place in the money for both the club and combine races.

Last year my young birds were flown by others, two Michigan flyers had first place wins with my birds. One flyer had a nest mate pair that one was his first bird home in a race and the other was his first bird home three times. In one race this bird took 2nd. trapping 00.02 behind the race winner she landed with (an equal first).

I had 8 young birds race in Albuquerque, New Mexico (Los Lobose RPC) last year. Of the 8 birds 5 of them had at least one top 10% placement with an average of 300 birds per race. One of them taking three top 10% placements.

Most of the birds in my breeding loft are either race winners or have bred winners.

I still do have three of these six bird kits available.

Mark/Ace

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I do still have young bird kits.

Here are some pics and info for the first kit almost ready to ship to one of our own Pigeon Talkers - blackknight01

Pair # 1
This pair of young have a full sister who in the 2009 young bird season was three times the first bird home for Lee Schultz of Michigan. In one race landing with another of Lee's birds and trapping .02 behind his bird taking 2nd place.

Their parents

(Cock) BB AU 08 FM 5462 in the 08 season placed 2nd, 8th, 9th, 16th, 27th, 29th and the 16th place was in the club auction race at 325 miles putting him 5th in the auction race and well into the money.

(Hen) BB AU 08 FM 5457 was only raced three races as a young bird in 2008 placing 1st, 1st, 6th and stocked. Her full brother flew well last year for Walt Treichel of Michigan placing a 2nd, 3rd and 7th in his club. Her full sister AU 09 FM 7732 was raced in ABQ as a young bird last year placing three times in the top 10% with an average of 300 birds per race. She was Steve's 2nd best bird in the loft.

( by the way, 7732 is back in my loft and bred to her father who is of full Houben bloodlines )

View attachment 15142

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Pair # 2
The parents to this pair were both good racers.

(Cock) DC AU 08 FM 6103 was a very consistant young bird in the 08 racing season. In the FM club races he placed 6th, 7th, 11th, 22nd, 35th, 39th and was a money winner in the Central Michigan Combine auction race. He is old line HVR

(Hen) BB AU 08 FM 5424 was raced in only four races as a young bird and then stocked. In these four races she placed 3rd, 5th, 6th and 8th.

Ace/Mark

View attachment 15143

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Pair # 3

This pair of young have a full sibling who flew well last year for Walt Treichel of Michigan with several good placements in his club including a 1st place win.

(Cock) BC AU 08 FM 5453 as a young birs took 1st, 16th and 32nd in club races in 08

(Hen) BB AU 08 FM 5450 was almost always the first or one of the first birds home in training in 2008 but hit a wire early in the race season and was held back but after i saw what her sister did i stocked her to. Her full sister is the mother of pair # 2 - FM 5424.

View attachment 15144

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Interesting pic of your breeders above. Is that just the construction of your perchs, or does that somehow change into breeding boxes? Or is that the breeding boxes, just as we see them now?

P.S. I sent you a PM.

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
Nice birds! People are lucky to get some of your birds. No one can say they can't afford good birds with your price! You are too generous with those prices!

I like pair#1 the most. Blackknight01 is fortunate.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nice birds! People are lucky to get some of your birds. No one can say they can't afford good birds with your price! You are too generous with those prices!

I like pair#1 the most. Blackknight01 is fortunate.
Thanks Rod. All I hope to make from selling these birds is enough to pay their feed bill. I will be looking forward to the end of season reports from those who will be flying them this year.

Thanks, Mark

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sorry, I had to remove some of the pics from this thread in order to free up space for the pics of my new pigeon message capsules.

If anyone is interested in late hached young birds I will be raising a third and fourth round this year. These birds will be ready around the end of May and June.

Please PM me if interested,

Ace

1 - 20 of 35 Posts