Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
they are Egyptian swift, from different pair, I can't wait to see what the color is going to look for the first pic, totally different from the parent. pic one and two are for the same squab. pic three the squab looks like the father, mother is blue velvet.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Soooooo CUTE! The second one is a little similar to my baby pigeons. Loved the pics, thanks for sharing.
-Rubeena

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
he he .... they are always fascinating at this age and are so enjoyable to sit and watch .
Beautiful babies and thanks for sharing the pics :)

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Atlabdi,Are you sure egyptian swifts???
Color wise they don't look like them but yea beaks are of egyptians! Let's see when they grow up!

·
Registered
745 Posts
Cuteness overloaded! I always thought that ES's were cute!

·
Registered
34 Posts
swifts

Its sad to say but those are mixed breed swifts. They resemble the Asfar Swifts the most, but the Asfar's have clear/white beaks and nails. The eyes should be very light pearl and appear to be nearly white devoid of any red pigmentation (graveling). Beak should be miniature grain of wheat size.
When my first ES arrived in the shipping box and I opened it, they looked just like them-mixed breeds. I gave them back to the guy I got them from. He didn't know they were crosses. Yes, him and I are still friends.
As for your birds, they are very nice looking and being cross breeds doesn't stop them from being great flying birds.
All I ask is that you pass this information on to the guy you got them from.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Hello. to Rollerdoneks: is the word mix breed wrong to use here? I was hoping there was a different word because they are not mixed with other breeds, just Swifts. I sure hope he gets to see them fly. Thanks.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Mixed breeds

There are several different breeds of what the English speaking guys call Egyptian Swifts. Each ES breed should be considered a different breed. For ex. Racing Homers, Birmingham Rollers, American Fantails,......
The same goes for the ES they are different breeds and should be only bred pure. What we here in the USA call Blue Velvets are not Blue Velvets they are all cross/mixed breeds. There is a Egyptian Standard on the different Breeds of ES (Gohzar).
Feel free to ask any more questions!

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Wow!

But rollerdoneks would you call it a "breed" or do you think "bloodline/pedigree" would be kinda words you would like to use? Sorry for bringing it up again

·
Registered
34 Posts
swifts

Egyptian Swift is an English speaking term/name to Identify several different breeds of Egyptian pigeons. Which is in error. They are each on there own a different breed.

quote: "You are asking to use softer "bloodline/pedigree" would be kinda words."
Bloodline/pedigree are terms to use in the same breed of pigeons. The birds in this thread are a mix of different breeds of Egyptian pigeons. Its like crossing a homer to a fantail pigeon. Same thing mix/cross breed.
You can fly, raise babies out of them, love their color and enjoy them for what they are. But they are still a cross of different breeds of Egyptian pigeons.
I have been honest and frank about what these birds are. Telling the truth is the most important thing we all can do.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts