Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my 300th post!
Wow, I didn't think that I could express myself that much!
Anyways, I have to say that I am a much more informed person, than I used to be, before I found Pigeon Talk.
I don't keep very many pigeons, but I find it an excellent backyard hobby that everyone in the world should enjoy. Since I've kept pigeons, only one person, (out of countless people in 20yrs.) has talked bad about my pigeons.
That's because he had to try to figure out a way to get back at me. :p
Before I found out about computers, and finally bought one, I read the book A Fancy For Pigeons, and I was hooked!
I've had access to a lot of different hobbies, but for me, keeping pigeons is just about the best!:)
I would like to thank Pigeon Talk, and everyone on it, for being there when I need you. I'm not here all of the time, and sometimes I don't see eye to eye with everyone, But I consider everyone here, a kind and considerate group of people.
I'll be around, ND Cooper

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I spoze, you can call me Mr. ND Cooper If you Want.
I had a neighbor once that didn't like my pigeons flying around, and I had to keep on chasing his cat out of my yard, he didn't like that.
I lived on a blocked off dead end road, and he had his boy ride his snowmobile around to try and spook my pigeons away! (Smart Huh!)
The city blocked it off completely years before, because the kids were using it as a muddy race track! It must have been his kid that caused the city to block it off in the first place, before I bought my property. So, my neighbor went one step further and drove his big ford pick up down, and yelled at me (not worth repeating), and peeled out, and tore up the turf pretty good in the area where no one can drive on legally.
Well, I called the Sheriff, (small town) and while I was explaining the problem to him, he was just barely standing behind my privacy fence, out of view from the ally, sure enough, here comes my angry neighbor and his son right down the ally saying that they can drive wherever they want, and that I'm a (Beep!-Beep) ect. and they were gonna kick my @$$, Try to anyway.
It was SO COOL, The Sheriff stepped out from behind my privacy fence, and was just 5 feet away from them, you should have seen the look on my neighbors faces! :eek:
My neighbor eventually smarted off to the Sheriff, and ended up getting a Ticket, instead of a warning! HEE HEE!
I never had a problem with my neighbor, or his cat, ever again.
I was loft flying 30 pigeons every evening, it was Great! :D
I guess that I fought for my Pigeons, and indirectly, the Sheriff did too. :cool:
Mr. ND Cooper :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.