Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres the information I recieved at our Club and Combine meeting yesterday. I thought I would share it with the members here who might want to test their birds out of area. You have TWO options, (1) Live Auction or (2) Purchase Auction Bands.

3rd Annual Marion County RPC Auction Race
To be flown Dec 10th, 2011 - 300 Miles

BBQ and 2 Live Auctions (starts at 11 am) Sunday, March 13th and Sunday, April 10th. (You can use any AU or IF band of your choice and ship them before the Live Auction dates)

Auction Band Sales: The bands are $15 ea - No Limit. You will have to contact a handler from the list below and make arrangements for them to handle your birds. You will then send them the money for your bands, they will mail them out to you. You will in return ship them your birds.

2010 Prizes were: 1st-1200, 2nd-750, 3rd-500, 4th-425, 5th-350, 6th-250, 7th-225, 8th-150, 9th-125, 10th-100, 11th-65 and 12th-50 (50% Breeder/50% Handler)

Capital Prizes will be determined by actual Band Sales and Live Auction, less 10% to MCRPC.

All OOA Birds must be recieved NLT April 8th, 2011 to be entered into the live auction. Bidding will start at $15.

Handlers are:
DJ Archebell, Lennox Geetooah, Howard Kleinberge, Brian Lord (Me), Sal Mazzurco, Butch Olechowski, Angelo Ragosta, David Reynaldo, Kevin Stollar, Bill Vendeven & Jim Yeager. (Note: The names in bold have been past winners)

For handler contact information, please send me a PM and I will forward that to you. As far as getting your birds back after the race, normally who ever purchases the bird at the Live Auction, keeps the bird. For direct band sales, thats between you and the handler, so make sure you mention it to them.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you purchase auction bands, your bird does not go into auction?
If you purchase auction bands, then NO they are not sold at the live auction. Instead, they are placed into the handlers loft, the person you purchased the bands from.

If you want to use your own bands, then yes those birds are sold at the live auction.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Thanks. This is a good cheap way to test birds. I may send you some. When can we buy bands and if they are sent to you, do we get the birds back (our choice)?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Is there any other fees (perch fees & entry fees)?

Is this an AU race? Will results will be posted on ARPU? Will training results be posted online so we can see how our birds are doing thru the season? Is there any "documents" given by the club at the end of race season to show how well your birds do, like a certificate? or do we just print it off line for our records?

For auction, we would use our bands and send birds to your club, for auction. How do we know who gets our birds & do we find out how much they paid for them?

Is this open to all colors or only whites? :)

And, how will the handler decide which birds will go to the final race?

INTERESTED, pm me where to send birds for the auction and any other info they will need when I send the birds.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. This is a good cheap way to test birds. I may send you some. When can we buy bands and if they are sent to you, do we get the birds back (our choice)?
Due to hosting a One Loft Race and my own YB Team, I will be limited on how many I can personally except. Having said that, I will only be able to handle 12 OOA Auction birds, ON A FIRST COME BASIS. If you would like me to handle your birds, PM ME ASAP for band payment information. Once I get your payment, Ill purchase them for you in your name and send them to you. If I handle your birds, then YES you may get all of your birds back.:D

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
How is shipping handled? I know our club offers to pay for shipping to get the birds here, as we usually make plenty off of them in the auction. Just wondering how you guys do it :)

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is there any other fees on top of the $15 band fee? In other words is there a fee from you in addition to that $15 band fee to raise, feed & train the birds, then race them? (perch fees & entry fees) No there is not. If you buy the bands directly from one of the handlers then thats all you pay, ex. 6 bands = $90 plus your shipping cost. Normally, you dont get your birds back in these types of races but personally speaking, If I sent any birds, I would like mine back, especially if it did well! Some of the handlers I mentioned will return your birds but thats between you and them. I can only make this offer for myself.

Is this an AU race? Will results will be posted online somewhere? Will training results be posted online so we can see how our birds are doing thru the season? Is there any "documents" given by the club at the end of race season to show how well your birds do, like a certificate? or do we just print it off line for our records? Yes, AU rules do apply. The club does not have a website at this time, so posting results somewhere wont happen. But again, who ever you contact as a handler, you will be able to ask them for updates through emails, phone calls, etc. I can say that for every OOA bird I have handled, I give weekly updates via email and always send a copy of the results if they win or loose.

For auction, we would use our bands and send birds to your club, for auction. How do we know who gets our birds & do we find out how much they paid for them? For that, I would suggest contacting the Club Sec (Sal Mazzurco). Which again I can forward the contact information for all of the handlers.

Is this open to all colors or only whites? :) This race is open to any colored bird.

And, how will the handler decide which birds will go to the final race? Every Auction bird is required to go to the race, if its still in the loft. We have had handlers in the past purchase birds and then say they lost them or they could not afford to pay the race fee's. And I must say, that we handled that swiftly! That handler was banned from participating in the Auction Race for 2 years! This is why we recommend you not to send any pedigree's with the birds.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How is shipping handled? I know our club offers to pay for shipping to get the birds here, as we usually make plenty off of them in the auction. Just wondering how you guys do it :)
Shipping the birds to the Club Sec. or handler is the breeders responcibility. Shipping fee's for the auction race is figured into our yearly race dues, which is paid by the handler. All of our club members must be in good standing with the AU and must have all of their club/combine dues, race dues, and AU dues paid in full prior to being allowed to participate as a handler.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts