Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today started off as just another day i got back from school around 2 in the afternoon and as always went to feed the pigeons. So i let my flyers out, which at this point in my colombific infancy means that i let my 4month old dragoon out, with my two pure white dragoons out to fly. This usually means that they take a few short laps around the yard and then come back in when i whistle at them. So i go back to feeding the rest of my prisoner birds. A few minutes later i witness my dragoon and one of my homers climbing into the sky much higher than ive ever seen them fly in the 4 months.
My two birds were routing for the first time and i thought that they where leaving me and it broke my heart:) Now, im an army Ranger with alot of time in combat and seeing this felt so bad. That i nearly quit pigeons right there and than. But about three hours later just as i was writing the email to BigT( one of the PT members who gave me the birds) to tell him that his bird was on its way I saw it.
A shadow on the ground passing by so i took off to my backyard and low and behold they were circling my yard. They had reappeared as suddenly as they had left.... I was as happy as a fat kid with cake literally jumping for joy. It was then that i reallized how much of myself i had put into these birds in the past few months.
I wanted to thank the people here on Pigeon Talk for helping us new and young ( I just turned 22) guys out. Thank you for answering all my newbie questions ant thank you Big T for giving me those 2 beautiful birds. (By the way just on a side note i posted a while back about whether or not i could let my dragoon loft fly and the general concensus was no they would leave or get eaten by hawks well he actually beat my homer home) So thank you PT members and all the people i have met so far on this adventure in the Pigeon fancy.

·
Registered
293 Posts
also i was kind of wondering what you guys thought about my experience today?
I'm laughing because I felt the same way the first day I let my birds out and they all disappeared in different directions! I was so heart broken and disgusted after I had worked so hard and had gotten so attached to my babies. I thought it was all over for me too! lol You got your back in hours, it took mine 5 days for the last one to make an appearance! But at least I have my babies back! BigT is who I got mine from also and all the mentors on PT are great at taking the time to help us Newbies! Good luck to ya,
Jan

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
That's a gut-wrenching feeling to see the birds you have nurtured take off like that. So glad yours flew home to you!

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
From everything I've read, Big T has a mighty big heart! Pigeons do have a special way of winning our hearts and I think the pigeon world and our pigeons are better for all the help we receive on PT from so many dedicated members with varying experiences. I love this forum and learn something everyday!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts