Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(see powderpuff's eulogy-Hall of love)

I just thought maybe some of you pijie folks would like to know what's happened since Powderpuff died...

well i caught the meat pijjie
turns out 'she' is female,
so now the two pijjies are nesting together
at least they're happy...
i still miss Powderpuff, and think of her every day-
but i put a lock on the cage
so now the pijjies are "locked in" until its play time.
i am deliberating whether to put up a sign or not,
and i am going to speak to the parents-
though they got quite het up when
i tried to point out their kids faults
'its just a pigeon' they said
but Powderpuff was more than just a bird
and they'll never understand that...
they bought a fantail today from the market
and tied its leg to a perch with string so that they could tame it.
i wanted to release it
it looked so sad and forlorn,
so i cut the string and took it home. it's just a normal bird with a low tail- not very spectacular
but it has a heart of gold
and is quite the charmer.
its living with my quails for the time being
i called it 'revelation' because
it helped me realise that theres still love enough love in my heart
to start over
not to forever become trapped in the past
with Powderpuff.

R.I.P

·
Registered
875 Posts
what good news!!!!!im so happy you had the courage to take the meat pigeon and the fantail,,they sound like lovely pigeons,as for your neighbours,,they should be banned from having pets!they have obviously not got a clue at all,i hope these pigeons can bring you happiness and joy,they wont replace powderpuff,but be special in themselves,keep us posted on their progress!!!!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The next day- another cuteness alert!

carrying on,

this is the site where my beautiful bird Powderpuff was buried-
Rev was sitting on my shoulder yesterday
when i was telling him about it
and i swear that he was thinking of Powderpuff as well
because today he walked over to the food container
shooed away Milo
and he placed a seed next to her dummy eggs and sat on them
(he ate the seed later :D )

Anyway,
i visited my parents- they like Rev too.
i just noticed, he has rather large feet for a pigeon, very elegant and deep red.
he also has a liking for jewelery;
man, he nearly swallowed my mother's earring!

and he's the first bird i've owned that loves to eat Safflower, NOT milo!

·
Registered
875 Posts
thats alovley pic,rest in peace little powderpuff,rev sounds like a real character,what colour are your meat pijjies?i have never seen one before(or if i have i didnt know it was a meat pijjie)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Candy&Rev

well, most I see are white. Sometimes, though rarely, i see some black ones- but they tend to be smaller and they get left behind coz everyone here is intent on buying the biggest, fattest birds.
(the market is full of people in the morning).
The neighbors got one white& one black, and guess what they called them (most PREDICTABLE names on earth)
Ebony and Ivory.
as you know, I caught the white one--- and I renamed her Candyfloss, maybe it's just me but white pijies always seem to be softer than regular pijies...
and the other one i own (bought, not taken :) )
is called BigBadBird, i got the idea from the story three little pigs and the Big Bad wolf. He was so ferocious, he would bite me all the time, and he bites AND TWISTS unlike most pijies.
Incidentally, meat pijies also tend to be less vocal (but don't count on it, i'm probably wrong though most at the market are pretty silent.)
Rev is a one-girl-pij, and his "mate" seems to have become my mother. They will spend time together just sitting on a chair and looking at each other. and the only person that Rev allows to tickle him (he's ticklish) without wooping crossly and biting is my mother. :rolleyes:
Oh- if you're wondering he has a very ticklish neck, when i try he squashes his neck down into his body, but when Mum tries he'll close his eyes and start to roost...
Anyway, i think i've rambled enough, i'd better check the feed shed- i hope i remembered to close it this morning... :D

·
Registered
875 Posts
they sound great!i never thought much about them before,we dont see a lot of meat pijjies in the uk,i think some folks show then down south but not sure about scotland,the fattest pijjies here are woodpigeons,they are real plump and nice but a bit shy,there are loads in pittencrief park,who are quite friendly,they are used to human contact and well fed by visitors to the park(they also have peacocks there who follow you about lol)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts