Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well where i live the apt complex has a rather large # of pigeons and one found my porch as a nesting place it layed two eggs one has hatched i assume the other is soon to hatch . the landlord dosent like the birds and has given notice if i care or feed the birds iam out of a home my self. there wild birds as far as i know what i would like is for some one to take and care for the chicks the baby birds . I live in Albuquerque NM and have no knowledge of who to contact or where to go to get help in this matter . My e mail address is [email protected] or ph 505-688-2092 . I belive this bird may have been a chick from last year whos mother layed eggs in the rain gutter just above the door to my apt. this year she or who ever the bird found a quiet spot and layed the eggs in a flower pot on the porch but i like to get rid of the bird not kill it who can i get help from with out me being thrown out of my house 7 home scoop

·
Registered
822 Posts
Why do you need to do anything? The parents will take care of the babies, you can enjoy watchung them grow, and, soon enough, they will all fly off. They are wild birds and they know how to take care of themselves.

btw, pigeons lay many more eggs than 2 per year .... that may have been the same bird last year, but they've had at least one other nest (and several more babies) between then and now.

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Is the landlord going to do something to the birds? If you just leave them alone and don't "care for or feed" them, then you're not doing anything wrong. Just let them do what they need to do and leave.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts