Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ahh this morning i looked out and saw one of the feeding ferals flopping around on the grass.He was trying to fly but couldnt take off.we think he got smacked by a car but we are not sure.I started getting dressed to go out and get him before my cat did.before i had a chance a BIG hawk flew in and grabbed him and took him near the neighbors foundation and laid on top of the pigeon.the hawk got spooked,and flew off to a tree and the pidge scooted under a bush.we caught him and hes in a box.he seems to be a male based solely on his huge feet and beak.He is in extreme distress with 2 broken legs.in the last few hours the shock seems to have wore off.I didnt think hed live more then a few hours.now im wondering what to do to help him?????????

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Poor thing, I can't offer any advice except to keep him warm and quiet. At least he didn't have to die being eaten by a hawk and now he is warm and safe. If he doesn't have any internal injuries he could still live. I don't know, I'm sure others will respond, I'm so glad you helped him. He looks young in the picture. min

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the bird in the pic is my old precious baby Jerry.The one I found is like a big daddy pidge.I am trying to reach a sanctuary for birds to see if they take pidge.He is now protected from anymore predators and accidents but :( still a very unhappy guy.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
suffering pidge

i definitly feel he is suffering.waiting to hear back from the avian sanc.Hope he makes it .

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
update

so he has been brought to the clinic.he is in fantastic hands and was being treated before i left the building.we will get together when his rehab is finished and i will release him with his original flock if all goes as planned.The hawk left several shallow punture wounds but could have been MUCH worse.

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
So glad you found someone to help the poor thing. Let us know how everything goes.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Poor guy really did have a very bad morning! What luck that you were nearby and were able to save him. I'm so glad to hear it worked out well for him!

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
so he has been brought to the clinic.he is in fantastic hands and was being treated before i left the building.we will get together when his rehab is finished and i will release him with his original flock if all goes as planned.The hawk left several shallow punture wounds but could have been MUCH worse.
Thank you for your quick action and getting help for this noble pigeon, hecertainly sounds like he was in bad shape. Please do update us on his recovery and release.

·
Registered
29 Posts
You did a wonderful intervening for this poor poor bird.
I hope to read great news about him soon.
Thank you for caring.

·
Registered
864 Posts
I LOVE YOU FOR WHAT U DID, IT MADE ME CRY...
I HOPE PIGEON RECOVERS FULLY, AND I LOVE HIM TOO
and thanks for saving him, im glad there are others out there like me
thank youuuuuuuuuu
love

1 - 11 of 11 Posts