Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29,795 Posts
Babies are adorable, but you really need to clean that up.

·
Registered
493 Posts
They are so cute but like Jay said, seems to be a lot more poop then cute...Mine don't even have young yet and a scrape the perches and flat spots everyday and they still have poop on their muffs!!!

·
Registered
29,795 Posts
this photo was taken before the cage was clean.

I'm sorry, and not trying to be mean, but it should never get that dirty before cleaning. It looks as though you have seed on the floor there, that are mixed in with the droppings. This is how they get sick. It should be cleaned daily if you want healthy birds. And the way that looked, it certainly isn't cleaned that often. You want clean healthy babies, who do not smell like poop.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmmmm. well first of all of isn't as dirty as it looks, remember, im taking these pictures with a phone. and uploading them to The internet, by phone, pigeon talk isn't for mobile. so, the picture looks worse then it is. i have No one to build a loft, so i attempt to give them the best, a cat got into my coop/ rabbit cage, so im confused birds are everywhere. so before you get overly concerned about how clean they are, take this into account. thank you

·
Registered
29,795 Posts
Don't get defensive. Only trying to say that if you want to do the best for your birds, then you need to keep them in clean healthy conditions. I'm sure you want those babies to grow up and be healthy. Keeping them clean and healthy is work, but worth the effort.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
P'Girl...maybe you can find a carpenter on Craigslist in your area.

If you like, I can send you some drawn plans for a Pigeon Loft/Enclosure and you can get some folks to give you an estimate. I used to be an architect, so I would be happy to e-mail you some plans for free.

Lots of laborers are hard up for work these days, you can probably get someone to knock out a secure enclosure in about a day.

Then you wouldn't have to worry about makeshift accommodation for your beauties (and they ARE); nor worry about cats or other predators getting in, either.

PM me if you like.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Pigeon Girl, I think that your bird and babies look great. Don't have to defend yourself I think everything looks great. Healthy babies and all. I have had pigeons breed and nest and raise young in a nest built of dried baby poop. Some from two years in the same bowl. The thing people worry about is a wet nest but you don't seam to have that problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts