Pigeon-Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
I am new to the pigeon talk and i am not familar with the pigeon breed.
All i know, these are pigeon from the park. I am currently handfeeding baby pigeons. I would like to know where to take them. Also, my neighbors about 30 complaints to the Maricopa County enviromental about the pigeons. We took all our bird feeders down and bird bath and quit feeding the pigeons that comes at early am and leave at dark.
How long does it take without food and water will the pigeon quit coming to our property. The baby pigeons parents were poison by a pest control company. They are the one that went door to door to have the neighbors call and complaint about the pigeons on our roof. We would like to get a well known pest control to take care of the pigeon problem. thank you.

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
Thank you for feeding the orphaned baby pigeons. I will send a message to several of our members in Arizona to see if they can help you find a rehabber.
When did you take your feeders down?
In my opinion, all pest control companies whether well know or not approach pigeons in a similar way and that is with poison.

Reactions: Lovebirds

·
Registered
40 Posts
you are welcome

Thank you for feeding the orphaned baby pigeons. I will send a message to several of our members in Arizona to see if they can help you find a rehabber.
When did you take your feeders down? when i got the warning-2/29/08

In my opinion, all pest control companies whether well know or not approach pigeons in a similar way and that is with poison.

i found a site -to look up pest control company. http://www.kellysolutions.com/az/searchbyconame.asp
i did not find the pest control company at this site.

i counted 12 babies, still yellow fuzz. and 6 older one learning to feed each other. One is pure white, some brown and other is like gray and white.

the parents i noticed had 2 leg band on both legs and some had one band on leg. some were white, chocolate and the rest were gray. also, there were parakeets, lovebirds, cockatiels feeding on the feeders beside wildbirds.

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
How many babies do you have in your possession?

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
You actually physically HAVE the babies? Or they are still outside? The parents were banded? That is WAY illegal for them to poison a banded bird! You should and can do something about that, i am sure!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
18 babies

12 still have some yellow fuzz.
6 learning to eat.
i found them in flower pot, hanging planter. oh my goodness.
it was like an easter egg hunt.

I been feeding them Kaytee exact hand feeding formula for all baby birds.

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
I'm furious at you neighbors. I can't say all I'm feeling on this forum.
I have sent a private message to 2 of our members in Mesa and asked them to look in on this thread to see if they can help you.
18 babies is an emergeny situation. I am going to send you a private message.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
12 still have some yellow fuzz.
6 learning to eat.
i found them in flower pot, hanging planter. oh my goodness.
it was like an easter egg hunt.

I been feeding them Kaytee exact hand feeding formula for all baby birds.
Hello Pigeon2luv.

I'm Cindy & live in Mesa.
There are a couple of us who can hopefully help you out.

Bear with me as I have a few questions that will hopefully expedite assisting you with the babies.

1) Do you have a total of 18 babies?
2) Are any of the babies needing to be tube fed?
3) The six babies that you say are learning to eat, are they learning to eat seeds?
4) Could you click on this link, look through the pictures & let us know about how old the babies are that you have?
http://www.pigeons.biz/forums/showthread.php?t=25391

Cindy

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
oh, ok, you do know how to tube feed the babies then? Bless your heart for all you do for the pigeons, that is SICKENING! I am going to freaking CALL that pest company in the morning! Please have bail money ready in case i get arrested for all the bad, mean, words i will say! Hey, freedom of speech, right?

Charis, how can we move this thread to sick or injured? Or a thread more people see?

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
oh, ok, you do know how to tube feed the babies then? Bless your heart for all you do for the pigeons, that is SICKENING! I am going to freaking CALL that pest company in the morning! Please have bail money ready in case i get arrested for all the bad, mean, words i will say! Hey, freedom of speech, right?

Charis, how can we move this thread to sick or injured? Or a thread more people see?
I'll bail you out...no problem!

·
Registered
7,469 Posts

Thanks Moxie. :)
I didn't even notice it was in the Other Bird forum. I just moved the thread.

Cindy

·
Guardian Angel
10,523 Posts
Pigeon2luv...

We will do want we can to help.

Here is some imformation that may be helpful.

There is an AZ Pigeon Club. They may also have some suggestions to help you. I believe some may live in your area.

Gary Miller, President

Hm: 602-995-0721
Cell: 602-339-6269

Ed Zwar, Vice President

623-388-4789

Please keep us updated.

Shi

·
Registered
21,207 Posts
Sorry to be getting here late on this one .. looks like our Arizona members are working on this. If there is anything I can do, somebody please holler.

There are wildlife rehabs in AZ that will take pigeons. Dave Roth at the Urban Wildlife Society may be another resource when it comes to publicity and whether the actions taken by the pest control were legal or not.

Terry

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Thank you for saving all of these babies. I think you officially qualify as a Guardian Angel. Sounds like your neighbors--as well as the pest company-- all need to be taken out back and shot. Hopefully you can get some help from some of our members soon. That's a lot of babies! If this helps, this is the hand-feeding method I have found easiest, for me and for the babies, after I've tried several:

http://picasaweb.google.com/awrats3333/BabyFeeding

Please keep us updated and feel free to ask any questions at all.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Kim has about 7 cages/carriers that can be utilized.

I'll take 4 or 5 of the babies & Kim can take 3-4.
If any of our other AZ members can take 1-2-3, it would be a great help.

Cindy

·
Registered
672 Posts
Pigeon2luv, are you going to take legal actions. You should try and ketch these other birds and see what the bands say. They could be lost racers or other fancy birds that got loose from there owner.

1 - 20 of 171 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.