Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here below picture pigeon baby leg swollen and it happens when those baby are 15-20days of age. Please advise the treatment if anyone knows. Thanks.
Vertebrate Organism Reptile Finger Snake

·
Registered
283 Posts
Hello, it’s looks like maybe he hurt himself, Treatment. Fractured bones in birds heal faster than in humans or other animals. Usually a stiff splint, which totally immobilizes the broken bone, is the only treatment needed.
Good Luck

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank You very much. But it happens several pair of baby. Someone advise me that, it's a symptom of parathyroid carrier parents baby. Really is it ? I'm afraid.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Julhas,

Swollen Joints on Legs and Wings are usually indication of Salmonella disease in pigeons. Disinfect your loft and use Apple Cider Vinegar for 3-5 days in birds water. I have write an article on Salmonella Disease in Pigeons and Prevention do Check. Dead Squabs in Egg shells are also a huge indication towards this disease. I hope you will consider my advice. Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank You very much to advise. Offcourse I'll use it. Will also write to you my understanding after reading Your topics. Have a wonderful time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dear Omer,
I red your article carefully and found some solution but where I found "chloramphenicol-N" ? I think it's not available in Bangladesh.
Thanks.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Do you have a vet?
Treatments for Paratyphoid.
Most birds seem to respond to the Fluroquinalone Antibiotics , the most commonly used one is
Enrofloxacin - there are many forms and generics the typical dose to use is 15 mg per Kilogram given twice a day, it works out to about 1/4 of a ml or 0.25 ml per individual bird twice daily of the formula we keep.
"Sulfa" antibiotics containing Sulfadimidine and trimethoprim as an example that can be used in the water.
Amoxicillin and clavulonic acid dosed at about 100 mg/ kg two or even occasionally three times a day for valuable fliers
Cleaning of the loft - and spraying a disinfectant.
Improving nutrition and possibly added warmth may help recovery.
It is reasonable to have a large warm hospital cage for recouperation of individual; sick birds.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Some symptoms of Paratyphoid and Salmonella Swelling of the tibiotarsal tarsometatarsal joint and wing, causing lameness and inability to fly.

Hope This helps, Let me know how its going?

Good Luck

·
Registered
283 Posts
Do you have a vet?
Most birds seem to respond to the Fluroquinalone Antibiotics , the most commonly used one is
Enrofloxacin - there are many forms and generics the typical dose to use is 15 mg per Kilogram given twice a day, it works out to about 1/4 of a ml or 0.25 ml per individual bird twice daily of the formula we keep.
"Sulfa" antibiotics containing Sulfadimidine and trimethoprim as an example that can be used in the water.
Amoxicillin and clavulonic acid dosed at about 100 mg/ kg two or even occasionally three times a day for valuable fliers
It is reasonable to have a large warm hospital cage for recouperation of individual; sick birds.
Enrofloxacin / Baytril is usually prescribed for treating Salmonella.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Do you have a vet?
Than You very much. I would like to follow.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Enrofloxacin / Baytril is usually prescribed for treating Salmonella.
Thanks to advise. I'm using "Florfenicole" as an antibiotic. After getting advise from You, I went to a vet doctor and He advised to use "Florfenicole" and "chlortetracycline HCI BP" together. Will it be helpful?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Yes, make sure you give the correct doses according to the doctors instructions.
It should help, most importantly is to isolate the sick birds from any healthy ones, because its highly contagious.

keep me posted,

Good Luck

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks to your continuous conversation. My doctor advise to give them medicine with five consecutive days and with Toxinil Plus. Is it enough or You've any recommend? If any, pls. advise.
You'll be strange to know that there's not enough pigeon/birds medication here in our country & also not enough medicine are available. This is the obstacle to Pigeon keeping. In this situation, we've to follow experts like you.

Have a nice time😊

·
Registered
283 Posts
Great, I am very happy I could help, let’s go with the doctor’s recommendation, and keep me posted if you have any other issues.

later,

·
Registered
6,171 Posts
Thanks to your continuous conversation. My doctor advise to give them medicine with five consecutive days and with Toxinil Plus. Is it enough or You've any recommend? If any, pls. advise.
You'll be strange to know that there's not enough pigeon/birds medication here in our country & also not enough medicine are available. This is the obstacle to Pigeon keeping. In this situation, we've to follow experts like you.

Have a nice time😊
Human meds can also be used for pigeons. I've used metronidazole, Betamox (500 mg amoxycillin) and fluconazole in the past. All of these in the tablet/capsule form. Ciprofloxacin is the same as enrofloxacin. So maybe you will be able to get from a pharmacy in your country if needs to.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Human meds can also be used for pigeons. I've used metronidazole, Betamox (500 mg amoxycillin) and fluconazole in the past. All of these in the tablet/capsule form. Ciprofloxacin is the same as enrofloxacin. So maybe you will be able to get from a pharmacy in your country if needs to.
Hi Marina,
Thanking You to advise.
Would You like advise also, for which disease I'll use those medicine?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts