Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
It loos like a giraffe crossed with a homing pigeon. It must have a racing band on its leg to be a racing pigeon. In the United States the race bands are either AU, IF, or CU. Is this bird banded?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It loos like a giraffe crossed with a homing pigeon. It must have a racing band on its leg to be a racing pigeon. In the United States the race bands are either AU, IF, or CU. Is this bird banded?
No band on it's leg I buy it from local pigeon seller

·
Registered
283 Posts
Yes, you can train them for a race, but that doesn't mean they will be able to perform, as you say, racer pigeons need to have a bloodline and genetics to have the ability's to compete.
If that is your interest, I would make sure you know what type of bird you want before buying.

Good Luck

·
Registered
283 Posts
It appears to be a racing homer, but I could not tell you the exact type, because I would need to know the blood line or pedigree information. But at this point it’s safe to assume you have a racing homer.

Good Luck with him, it looks like a nice bird.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It appears to be a racing homer, but I could not tell you the exact type, because I would need to know the blood line or pedigree information. But at this point it’s safe to assume you have a racing homer.

Good Luck with him, it looks like a nice bird.
In my country racer pigeon are not banded

1 - 11 of 11 Posts