Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received 2 homing pigeons from my grandpa because he can no longer care for them. I was told they are 2 or 3 years old and they are females. I was wondering if anyone had any tips on acclimating them to my house and how long it might take to do that.

G

·
I received 2 homing pigeons from my grandpa because he can no longer care for them. I was told they are 2 or 3 years old and they are females. I was wondering if anyone had any tips on acclimating them to my house and how long it might take to do that.
do you mean to fly around outside your house or just to get used to living at your house ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would like to be able for them to fly around my house and come back or let them go somewhere and have them fly back.

·
Banned
2,389 Posts
Don't think you will ever be able to let them fly free around outside your house. They will most likely go back to his house if they were ever out at his house.
You need to get birds 28-40 days old and raise them at your house if you want them to home to your house.

G

·
Don't think you will ever be able to let them fly free around outside your house. They will most likely go back to his house if they were ever out at his house.
You need to get birds 28-40 days old and raise them at your house if you want them to home to your house.
that is the truth, they dont call them homers for no reason ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts