Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys just wondered what i should do, last week one of my young west of englands in the nest was beat up by a older cock pigeon, its eye and head was badly bruised. From then on the pigeons eye has been weeping and still is now even though the bruising has gone down, i think the pigeon has now a eye infection due to this. So what i would like to know is what should i use for the best for the baby to recover? its almost fully grown now.

thanks

paul

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
Hi guys just wondered what i should do, last week one of my young west of englands in the nest was beat up by a older cock pigeon, its eye and head was badly bruised. From then on the pigeons eye has been weeping and still is now even though the bruising has gone down, i think the pigeon has now a eye infection due to this. So what i would like to know is what should i use for the best for the baby to recover? its almost fully grown now.

thanks

paul
an antibiotic you can put in or near the eye, might be good for the vet to have a look.:)

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Hi Paul,

I had this with a magpie a while back, it had it's eye pecked when attacked by another bird. The vet gave me a tube of ointment anti-biotic, easy to administer, but I can't remember the name for the life of me.
This peck had caused an ulcer on the surface of the eye, maybe best to have it checked by a vet.

Have you got any Colloidal Silver, a natural anti-biotic, can be used for bathing eyes. You can get that from a health food shop mainly. I get mine off the internet but that obviously will take longer.

Good luck,

Janet

·
Registered
566 Posts
You can also use a solution of Boric acid or Borascic acid as it is known. available at any drugstore, a well known mild antiseptic

1 - 5 of 5 Posts