Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today was a really good day. i went to my first pigeon show. at fiirst it was weird because i went alone and dident even know one person but i met alot of nice people ans alot of them new of my grandpa. i was able to join the club and helped out the judges. i even got a pair of african owls. they are so nicee ill try to upload pictures tomarroww.

·
Registered
38 Posts
cool i hope you take care of those owls

i wish i had african owls, its cool that they're nice, do they let you pet them?

cant wait for pictures :D:D:D

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well the picture isent that good but nope they r just suposed to have a line down there breast

·
Registered
385 Posts
Very beautyful birds. Got names picked out yet???

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Congratulations on your new birds. What a cute pair! The male looks to have a nice zipper frill (feathers going left and right). Can't tell on the hen because of the angle but they both have very nice looking heads. Since most African Owls are at least partially hand raised, they tend to be pretty tame.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yes there beaks are very short and can not feed there own so you have to use pumpers or hand feed but pumpers is the way to go.:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Congratulations on your new Africans Sean. They are a nice pair.
I have 5 pair they are the friendliest pigeons you will find. I hope you enjoy them.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks alot everyone i really like them too but billymac are they hard to breedeven when using pumpers? and anything else you know about them would be very helpful:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts