Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there a way to calculate the age? i have two doves and i really dont know their ages. if theres a way that would be helpful to know.:)

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
even the bands could be wrong i no people who put just any band on they say better to have a band then no band

as the pigeon gets older i belive the feet get darker and the piece of skin on the top of there beek starts looking ummm older lol like dryer and flaker

at least this is what i have seen
If you are talking of seemless bands, why would someone put (for Example) last years band on this years squab? that would make the bird a year older not younger.... with seemless it would be impossible to scam someone in thinking they had younger birds and the birds are older as you can not buy the bands untill that year which is printed on the bands.

·
Registered
201 Posts
lol I have a buddy that put a 1985 German band on a bird that hatched in 2008. Hes one of those people who believes its better to have a band on a bird then no band at all.

·
Registered
578 Posts
yes that's right i no alot of eople who do that they have been into birds for a long time and have had extra and ran out of this years and just tossed one onto this years bird untill he got more this years

i have a 2001 cock bird i have no idea if it's realy that old or maby someone just put that band on it

you never know unless you banded that bird

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i completely forgot about making this thread.. and then look here it is two months later in the new posts. lol. i still havn;t figured out there ages. and that chart was confusing. but i don't think they are less then a year anyway.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.