Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found 10/20/2008 in Bronx, New York parking lot. He/she was in bad shape, now able to stand and walk a little. Wears a gray band #AGSG 08 176576 Bird Vertebrate Beak Pigeons and doves Rock dove
on right leg and a purple band on the left. I started to research to find its owner and learned of the atrocities of "Pigeon King International." The nearest place I've seen these PKI birds found is Western New York. Does anyone have any idea what location this bird came from or what kind of pigeon he/she is? Thanks for any information.

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
What a pretty bird. Thank you for rescuing her because without your help this bird would have met a terrible end. I can't tell you were she came from as those Pigeon King farms were everywhere.
The bird doesn't look well to me. Is she thin? What do her poops look like? What are you feeding her?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Charis , how come you can see the picture of the bird ?? I cant. Is there link I dont see it??

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
Charis , how come you can see the picture of the bird ?? I cant. Is there link I dont see it??
The picture is gone now. How odd... I don't know what happened to it. :confused:

G

·
Pictures are sometimes a little wacky on this site. Sometimes they load, sometimes they don't. I couldn't see the picture earlier. Now I can :confused:

aoco1 make sure the bird is in a warm, quiet place. Offer some water with a pinch of sugar. Can give some bird seed if you have it. Let us know if it's eating or drinking.

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
That is odd because I still can't see the picture,

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
Thank you. That is the picture I first saw.

·
Registered
21,207 Posts
Thank you so much for assisting this YOUNG pigeon! I think it is a NY Flying Flight or a mix of same. If the bird is thin, ill, and you need to have it checked, you can take it to the Wild Bird Fund people there in NYC (http://www.wildbirdfund.com/). Please, please, do not release it for any reason. If we need to find a home for this bird, then we WILL find it a home.

Since Pigeon King International is no longer, there is no way we can find the owner of this bird. Further .. the owner probably released it to begin with.

Terry

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for responding. New picture.

He/she is very thin, was weak and dehydrated, could barely move when found, but is eating and drinking well. Eats bird seed and loves white bread. I hope this new picture loads correctly. He/she looks much better now, but has made no attempts to fly. Poops are green and watery. There are no farms anywhere around here. I was curious as to how far he/she had flown. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
If the poops are green and watery, the bird is starving. Starvation causes stress, and the stress brings on and illness that may have been manageable before the bird began to starve. Once that happens, the bird isn't going to improve with just food. You do need to get the bird veterinary care as Terry said. The Wild Bird Fund is free. Please don't delay as this bird is really sick. Birds that have been supported with food and then released have a difficult time surviving unless they find a feral flock that is supported with food.
Thank God you found her. This bird has already been through more than any of us can imagine and I pray she survives.

·
Registered
21,207 Posts
I send aoco1 a PM and I offer I can take this pigeon in until s/he is strong enough to be release but I can also keep him/her here until the owner is contacted...
We'll never be able to locate the owner of this bird, and it would need to become a permanent resident. Would you be able to give the bird a permanent home?

Terry

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I'm not sure what happen to this bird and the finder, but since then he/she never return any post here...At least let us know if he/she still have the pigeon you know :(...I did PM'ed her with my fone# but he/she never get back to me...I hope everything is okay...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts