Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys so my last thread was about how I thought my pigeon had slow crop, well come to find out it wasn’t food at all, it was just air. I took him to the vets and they got it out for me and told me how to massage it out. Well I fed him and the air came back and I cannot get it out at all by massaging. (I have to change the way I feed him because he’s obviously getting more air than food). What can I do to get it out? It makes it so hard to tell if he’s getting enough food when there is air in it too. And what is the best way to feed him? I have just started using a syringe in hopes that works better. I want to make sure he’s getting enough food without having to worry about guessing if he has enough or not. He is 4 days old by the way

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
You can check on youtube "how to feed baby pigeon", there are quite a lot of videos that shows you exactly how to do it.

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
The cut-off syringe method is the best way and the closest to how their parents feed them. Make sure there's no airbubbles in the filled syringe.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts