Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Will see how this goes, good at doing some things on a computer and other things i dont do so well. I have a ton of pictures of my birds and loft from last winter and from just the other day, but it looks like it will only let me share 3 pictures on this thread. Anyway we have mostly all yearlings, we built our lofts last June 2008 and the breeding loft October 2008. Hoping to add one more loft but i do not know when since getting this off the ground has been real exspensive so far.

We raced 8 birds this old bird season and was fortunate enough to have 1st club champion bird. She is the 2008 Blue bar white flight you see in the fly pen/avary. She won the our Club also for the Midwest Classic and was 516th overall. Not sure how she did in our section (West/200 miles division) since the system seems to be crashed so far for the results. We got our little champion from a flyer who getting ready to pass on, a club member drove about 250 miles to pick up the young birds this flyer had left and shared some of them with us to help us get started in racing again. We have no idea what strain or orgin she is. Her 9th/10th flights were clipped when we got her along with some of the other birds we got in hopes they would not be strong winged enough to fly away, we did not clip them. Once her 10th flight got about 3/4 the way in she took 11th place on a 250, the next week she took 2nd on another 250. Before these 2 races we were the doormat in the club barely making the first page of the race results most of the time. During old birds she was 1st/250, 3rd 330 miles only 18 day birds/, 7th and 11th , 15th all 250's. With 3 races to go in the season she was 17th in points and finished the season 11th, 7th, and 1st to win Champion bird. It was really nice to have out of our 8 racers to have one win something nobody expected to include me and my Dad.
The last pict is our 2009 young bird team, they just got home from a 35 mile toss and a super hungry.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
What a gorgeous setting. I want to move there.

·
Registered
49 Posts
that's a really good setup you've got there, lots of space but more importantly nice and clean and you can tell that it is always like that because your birds look lovely and healthy ;)

congratulations

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thank you for the kind words, yes you are right it is always clean thanks to my Dad, i dive in once in a while *laughs* he likes to keep it clean, he says it is his theapy time with the birds while he cleans it. I live in the Loess Hills in western Iowa, and yes it is beautiful. Our big box perches were given to us from a fancier who didnt want them anymore, so we caught a break. We do still have some nest boxes in our racing loft from Old Bird season since we fly natural where the young birds are, we have been meaning to remove them but have not gotten to it yet.

Here are a few picts, one full view of our racing loft in front of the house, the breeding loft in the rear, and pict of our breeders from this last winter, i think they are just beautful when they have all there feathering for the winter time.
You have probaby noticed our racing loft in front of the house upon a retaining wall is only about 100 feet from a very busy street, we put it there since it was the only place for the birds to have a clear take off and landing since there are alot of trees in our area.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Nice birds and loft :) You're lucky to have your Dad voluntarily cleaning the loft so much. I have to do everything for my birds except train, because I won't have my license until November :p But then again, I wouldn't expect him to do anymore than that.

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
What beautiful birds you have. And yes, it's also very pretty where you are.

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
That blue-bar white flight definitely has something on it. Congrats. Nice loft, birds and place.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts