Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all ,

I am Sandeep , i am from Andhra Pradesh ( India ), i am new to the pigeon world , I don't know much about pigeons , i need some advice regarding all the needed vaccinations as well as medicines which are essential for pigeons , i had seen some posts regarding the vaccines but here in india we don't get them , so kindly if any one have any info about vaccinations & medicines for different diseases which are available in India and there treatment , kindly plzzzz give me u r valuable advice, i will be really grateful to u all , thanks :):):)

N.Sandeep:p

·
Registered
4,083 Posts

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
What vaccinations and medications you use depends partly on what you are doing with your birds. Are you going to show them? Fly them? If they will be shown, raced or free-flown then they should be vaccinated against PMV-1 (avian paramyxovirus) and Salmonella. I think you should be able to have the vaccines shipped to you. They are sold in Europe and probably in some Middle Eastern countries as well. You may have to do some research to find out what is the closest place to you that sells pigeon supplies. The best place to start would be to locate an experienced pigeon keeper in India. He or she should be able to tell you where to buy supplies.

Even if you keep your birds home you should treat them a few times a year for common diseases such as Trichomoniasis ("Canker"), Coccidiosis and worms. There are good medications available for these things from the same companies that sell vaccines and other pigeon supplies.

Best of luck with your birds.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Sandeep, do a google search on pigeons. Check out side effects on vaccines too. Watch every pigeon video on youtube on pigeons.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys for u r valuable advice. Well i am just planning to get some pigeons.i am interested in fancy pigeons .ok bye

1 - 6 of 6 Posts