Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is a year old male African Owl and his color is called Almond. Check out his tiny beak - http://www.pigeons.biz/gallery/browseimages.php?do=member&imageuser=2192 .
. You can read his story at http://www.pigeons.biz/forums/f5/stray-african-owl-34752.html#post372641 .

He’s a real sweetie and is VERY tame – loves to be held in your hand and petted. He’s not a strong flier so would not be suitable for free flying. He tends to sit back on his hocks and doesn’t walk normally but scuttles around quite happily. Because of this, he should not be kept on wire flooring but rather on soft bedding. Based on his vent bones, I’m pretty sure that he’s a male. He has a good appetite and appears healthy and in good feather. I believe he was kept as a house pet, but is getting acclimated to outside temperatures.

He could be kept with other mild manner birds (homers would be too aggressive). Please let me know if you’d like to offer a home to this little sweetie!

·
Guardian Angel
10,523 Posts
I SO hope this cutie finds a great home!!

Please let us know!

Love, Hugs and Scritches

Shi/Squeaks/Dom/Gimie/Woe :)

P.S. Terri...don't you have another thread about this adoption??

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good memory, Shi! This is the same bird. The initial post was to share pics of this cutie. When I couldn't find his owner, I posted in this section to find him a new home. :)

·
Registered
13,047 Posts

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Yep, we think she's a she based on vent bone comparisons and her interactions with my other birds. One of my mated males, Bliss (Mr Casanova, who all the hens like) came over and did his song and dance for her and she didn't say a word till he flew away, then she called for him to come back. ;)

Charis has found her a wonderful home. We're just waiting on logistics to make the transfer. Yeah, Charis!!!

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry, this thread is over a year old. This bird is now one of our permanent residents. Thanks for your interest!

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
What a wonderful home as well as wonderful birdies. I love stories like this. Quite a nest building skill and how fortunate these birds are. Bless you....c.hert

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
She decided to keep him, Lisa.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah, I got too attached to the little sweet potato. :) Good luck with your search for a hen, Lisa!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts