Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my female roller type pigeon,caramel log,has got a new "thing",when i open shed door every morning to do morning feed,she has taken to sitting on roof,circling and trying to land on my head!!!anyone know this type of behavoiur???(i really dont mind if she does land on my head,just its a new thing to me,shes never done it before):eek:

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Means she is happy to see you :)
I have a pigeon that dive bombs my head when I go into the loft in the morning to feed the young birds.

·
Registered
11,336 Posts
I was sooo flattered when one of my releasable woodies - tattywood - landed on my head today...I think it was a mistake, though...I hope so as I wouldn't want her to land on a stranger's head!

Cynthia

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its good to hear,,she must like me,i just hope she doesnt poo on my head,ive just had me hair done lol

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
HA
Make sure you at least get dinner and a movie first :)

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
My tamest pigeon did that. She always wanted to be on top of me--head, shoulder, forearm, arm. When she started pooping while she was on my head, I stopped right there. I don't want to have much blessings. She also used my head as take-off pad. She is the one in my avatar. She was very smart.

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
I have pigeons that do that when I enter the loft. I hate it. I take them off and try to discourage it. I don't mind them landing on my shoulder, and when I bend over they land on my back. But not the head. If they should poop, it would be awful trying to get it out of your hair. Ick! That just means he's glad to see you, or wanting you to feed him. LOL. I can usually tell who is landing on me, just by where they land, the weight of the bird, and how hard they land. I have one, his name is Kane, when I am giving out peanuts, he will keep diving onto my head, then flying off, only to dive bomb it again. He is solid and lands hard. He's just trying to demand that I pay attention to him and give him treats. Funny, they all have their own personalities. Think I could be blind folded and know who was who. LOL.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
oh no!caramels boyfriend(pizza/mr follow pants as my kid calls him)is trying it too,had it double today

·
Registered
521 Posts
I spend most of my time at home with any one of a number of freeloading pigeons riding around my head. (Friedman prefers the front of my shirt or my shoe however, and Daniel is a shoulder man) Haven't been pooped on yet.. but I'm sure it's bound to happen.

I also get those back landings when I'm leaning over in the loft. Cracks me up.

What can I say. I love it.

:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts