Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
amigo is a gentle checker ex racer,,shes been with me for over 1 year,i tried to trace her owner through internet,phoning club she was tagged to,putting ads up etc but no one ever claimed her so shes been happy here,she is one who comes when called,handfeeds and is quite a character,very pretty too!i have not seen her for 2 1/2 days and im very worried,i just hope shes ok,,i live all my pigeons but she is kinda special,shes in good health so im wondering if shes maybe hooked up with a boy pigeon,she never usually misses a feed,i just want to know shes ok:(

·
Registered
11,336 Posts
What time do you feed them? She may be on a nest...I hope she is.

I fed a hen called Droopy for a couple of years and I remember when she disappeared, I e-mailed John to say that I feared she was "no more", but she turned up again and was around for a few more years.

John has also been feeding a pigeon with no feet for about 10 years and hadn't seen him for some weeks. Fortunately he turned up again very recently.

Cynthia

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi cynthia,,,i feed at 8am and at 4 for latecomers and those with babies,i hope this is the case,i know she was "friendly" recently with one of the feral males(saw them do the deed on my shed roof)so it could be feasible shes got eggs,i really hope so,shes such a sweet gentle pigeon,she is an"07"bird from north east england originally,but unclaimed by her club so im happy to look after her,one of my other hens(caramel log)has been bossy at feeding time,pecking others away to get a hand feed from my daughter,including amigo,she chased her and shooed her away from my kids hand on fri

·
Premium Member
9,476 Posts
Well, if she is nesting then she would be on the nest for the early feed probably,as males don't take over very early - but the males also finish their shift quite early too.

As Cynthia said, my pigeon turned up again, resting comfortably on the lawn, after many weeks - months, in fact. He (or she) would meet me in the courtyard if I got home at the right time, and wait for peanuts, as well as comng to the balcony. I think he probably is a she, and is usually busy when I get home in the evenings. He/she must now be in the 11th year, so I'm sure someone not far away is helping my 'Little Brown Pigeon' to beat the odds which are stacked against our feral friends.

John

·
Registered
499 Posts
missing pigeon

amigo is a gentle checker ex racer,,shes been with me for over 1 year,i tried to trace her owner through internet,phoning club she was tagged to,putting ads up etc but no one ever claimed her so shes been happy here,she is one who comes when called,handfeeds and is quite a character,very pretty too!i have not seen her for 2 1/2 days and im very worried,i just hope shes ok,,i live all my pigeons but she is kinda special,shes in good health so im wondering if shes maybe hooked up with a boy pigeon,she never usually misses a feed,i just want to know shes ok:(
of all the reasons that there could be,lets hope she is safe and will return,.however if she is a racing pigeon-(found?) she could be on a venture back to a previous owner,..sincerely james waller

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
would she still manage to locate her prevoius place even after 1 year +??
It's VERY possible but really depends on how far away her real home is. You didn't say where she was from. I think she may be sitting on a nest somewhere. I just hope she's finding food when she's OFF of the nest. If she's been on her own for a year, I suspect she's managing just fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts