·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to bring this to everyones attention.:D

Animal Feed With Peanuts Recalled

Last Update: 2/12 5:15 pm

PORT ANGELES, Wash. (AP) - A Port Angeles farm commodities business has
recalled peanuts that were sold as food for hogs and wild birds.

The Western Trade Group says its Roasted Feed Grade Peanuts used peanuts
recalled by the Peanut Corp. of America because of the risk of salmonella.

The Food and Drug Administration says animals may become infected and carry
the disease to other animals or humans. People could also become infected by
handling the peanuts.

Western Trade said Tuesday its feed grade peanuts were distributed in the
first four months last year to livestock and wild bird feed packers in Iowa,
Kentucky, Missouri, and North Dakota.

No illnesses have been reported in connection with the product.

_http://www.kypost.com/content/news/commonwealth/story/Animal-Feed-With-Peanut
s-Recalled/uY0sEXYGjkeBhLi-_CrvDw.cspx_
(http://www.kypost.com/content/news/commonwealth/story/Animal-Feed-With-Peanuts-\
Recalled/uY0sEXYGjkeBhLi-_CrvDw.cspx
)

·
Registered
566 Posts
Salmonella is not found in peanuts, it is found in human sewerage and feces and so transmitted when sewerage or human feces come in contact with them.

Interesting it is that the FDA and the peanut industry has yet to come forward with an explanation as to who and how they were contaminated.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
Salmonella is not found in peanuts, it is found in human sewerage and feces and so transmitted when sewerage or human feces come in contact with them.

Interesting it is that the FDA and the peanut industry has yet to come forward with an explanation as to who and how they were contaminated.
heard on the news a plant in GA had a mouse problem and hygene was not up to par, the peanunt product that killed the 7 or so people came from this plant.

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
We received a letter from a store that according to their records we purchased some peanut butter cookies from the company couple months ago that needs to be thrown out. What ever that cookies are I think was gone. We probably have eaten it already. Thankfully we didn't die or if we got sick, then probably was a diarrhea. Asia is far worse--I remember eating a bread with a cockroach head sticking on it. Damn super-gross! I still remember being offered free bread as well with bug infested stuff still crawling. No thank you, but when you are very poor then people did eat it after frying.

Still today one my Aunts still earns $10-20 a month salary back in Asia. Life is super hard there, but I hope those people that manufacture stuff should not take advantage of poor people. They should have higher standard.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.