Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just want to share pics of the construction of my new loft.

loft size is 8 X 24 with the deck = 16 X 24.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
I can see the lawn chairs and us sitting there talking about pigeons! Nice idea with the flooring, I can see how it's made for easy clean up. You should make luxury suites for the 2 hens that took 1st and 2nd in the winnerscup last year.:D

·
Registered
106 Posts
Looks incredible! Just one question. Where can a person get the metal grate flooring? Does it come in sections, say 2ft. x 4 ft. or 4 ft. x 8 ft.?

How much does it cost? Is it available at a retail location?

Any guidance would be appreciated.

-Cal

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I can see the lawn chairs and us sitting there talking about pigeons! Nice idea with the flooring, I can see how it's made for easy clean up. You should make luxury suites for the 2 hens that took 1st and 2nd in the winnerscup last year.:D
Wow your project is looking good bro. can't wait to see the completion...
henry, i was talking to jeff the other day about that. it will be real fun while relaxing under a shed in the lawn and waiting for the birds to arrive from the race.

Looks incredible! Just one question. Where can a person get the metal grate flooring? Does it come in sections, say 2ft. x 4 ft. or 4 ft. x 8 ft.?

How much does it cost? Is it available at a retail location?

Any guidance would be appreciated.

-Cal
i googled it. first google map your zip code then search for expanded metal supplier. most likely you'll get links that's close to your place. they come in 4 X 8 and it costed me about $70 each. get the one with the diamond (eye) opening of about 1 3/4". the gauge is about 2nd to the thickest.

kalapati
San Diego

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
it been raining hard here in san diego

and this is the only picture i can post for now. my builder took a day off today

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Great idea those trays. But one question in my mind is how do you keep heavy rains from going under the trays and making the loft damp and staying wet and molding Maybe there should be a crack between the porch and the loft it looks tight to me just a though it may save you problems later.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Great idea those trays. But one question in my mind is how do you keep heavy rains from going under the trays and making the loft damp and staying wet and molding Maybe there should be a crack between the porch and the loft it looks tight to me just a though it may save you problems later.

after the front has been done i think there's no chance rain water will get in contact with the trays. the front roof itself is extended up to 4 ft. plus the landing board. so these trays should be covered nicely when it's done.

kalapati
San Diego

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Thats great. It was just something I noticed. Im Thinking about putting trays in mine but i will have to make 4 of them 2' so i can pull the first one out the door then move the others over one at a time and pull them out the door I think it will work fine. It will sure be better than than scaping under the slated floor in the winter.

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
Are those trays going to be on rollers or just wood that you slide out and won't it be hard to slide out--maybe waxing it or something---to make it easy for a less stronger person? Your loft is beautiful and the scenery is beautiful and I just bet your pigeons will be just as beautiful and healthy...c.hert

1 - 20 of 56 Posts