Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the history of how George Buitta of the Boston area developed his family of pigeons?

These are beautiful pigeons that are bred for long distance races and have a show quality that is second to none.

I had some of the nicest Buitta's in the Twin City area that I bred from pigeons obtained from Roger Goldberg, Bob Koran and John Gerga.

I often wondered how this family was developed.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I got this article from that site too...Which I believe it is 100% true...He might be well experienced about all this but before I read the whole article, my mind and my instinct is telling me about this too...

Comment of Sam Lembo from the article:↓↓↓↓↓

Besides his comments on selection, he believes that you shouldn't be buying birds from the winners in a loft, but from the good breeders in the loft. And he believes that most of the time the brothers and sisters of the winners are the better breeders than the winners themselves. "The brothers and sisters got the breeding blood and the others got the racing blood. There are exceptions to the rule, but that is what I have found."

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got this article from that site too...Which I believe it is 100% true...He might be well experienced about all this but before I read the whole article, my mind and my instinct is telling me about this too...

Comment of Sam Lembo from the article:↓↓↓↓↓

This is interesting to read. I grew up in Worcester, Ma and raced birds as a teenager. There were hundreds of flyers then. I had Buitta birds I was gifted by famous racer Ed Bullock who lived on Hope Ave. in Worcester. They were large and dark and exceptionally handsome. I flew them but other birds he gave me that were quite old produced my best flyers. I believe I still have diplomas from those birds from the 1950s. I just loved those Buittas so much. You could win at shows with those.

Besides his comments on selection, he believes that you shouldn't be buying birds from the winners in a loft, but from the good breeders in the loft. And he believes that most of the time the brothers and sisters of the winners are the better breeders than the winners themselves. "The brothers and sisters got the breeding blood and the others got the racing blood. There are exceptions to the rule, but that is what I have found."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts