Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yesterday i found an ash red racing homer at a convenience store at Waters and Montgomery Crossroads, in Savannah GA. it had a yellowish leg band on its right leg. I couldn't get close enough to read the band, but he was safe when i saw him. He is probably still out there flying around. just curious if he was in training or had flown away.

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
I have several missing, some with AU (yellow seamless) bands. If mine can end up in SC, then I'm sure they could down there too. We have a lot of members down here, so it's always possible. But we won't know for sure until the band info is obtained :)

·
Registered
414 Posts
sorry to hear about all your missing birds Becky, me and my Dad were just looking at the birds we have left and unfortunalty for a few of our pairs all of there babies are almost gone, i was hopeing to have atleast 3 or 4 left from each pair to get an accurate depiction of how there babies will race.

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
I know what you mean! You almost have to raise a gob of pigeons just so you have something left by the end of the season to evaluate the breeders by :( Any pigeon can get killed by a hawk or an owl, or whatever. Doesn't matter if it's good or bad at racing at that point. From January to September, that's a big window for something to happen to a lot of birds with potential! :eek:

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok. i am sorry to hear about all your missing birds:(. i was just wondering. oh, and we drove past the gas station again and i did not see him, so maybe he decided to start his journey back home.

·
Registered
86 Posts
My husband found a beautiful bird in our yard in New Hampshire. He has a yellow band but it does not have numbers. Instead it has a saying on it.
"Suydam's Highfliers, Enemies on the roof, Friends on the street"
Any ideas where he came from? He does not want to leave now!
We have him in a safe spot so nothing can get at him and kill him.
Hubby loves him!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts