Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's a lost bird........a 2009 banded bird that needs to be picked up if possible. There is a club there and I've contacted them, but don't have a response yet. I had to send an email because the phone is busy, busy, busy........:(

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
whats the story on this lost bird?:)
This bird is about 160 miles from home. I figure it must have just flown from the loft, got lost and just kept going.........the owner won't go get the bird (I can't MAKE him) and there's no sense in feeding and then releasing it because it has no idea where it is or how to get back home.
I've got things going on with my grandmother and I just don't have time to hunt and search for someone to pick it up. I've contacted (or tried to contact) everyone I can find in that area and am getting no response.
I don't know what else to do. :(

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
This bird is about 160 miles from home. I figure it must have just flown from the loft, got lost and just kept going.........the owner won't go get the bird (I can't MAKE him) and there's no sense in feeding and then releasing it because it has no idea where it is or how to get back home.
I've got things going on with my grandmother and I just don't have time to hunt and search for someone to pick it up. I've contacted (or tried to contact) everyone I can find in that area and am getting no response.
I don't know what else to do. :(
So it showed up at your loft? do you want to keep it? what does it look like?

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So it showed up at your loft? do you want to keep it? what does it look like?
No, it's not in my loft. It's down in Fayetteville, NC, which is 150 miles from me. If it had come to my loft, there wouldn't be a problem on what to do with it.
The people who have it DID go get some feed for it, but I don't think they're too keen on it staying there. I gave them the name/number of the local club in Fayetteville, so I can only assume, since I haven't heard from them anymore, that they eventually got in touch with someone and the bird got picked up.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
No, it's not in my loft. It's down in Fayetteville, NC, which is 150 miles from me. If it had come to my loft, there wouldn't be a problem on what to do with it.
The people who have it DID go get some feed for it, but I don't think they're too keen on it staying there. I gave them the name/number of the local club in Fayetteville, so I can only assume, since I haven't heard from them anymore, that they eventually got in touch with someone and the bird got picked up.
ooooh...get it,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts