Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if anyone out there ever built one of the AU Starter lofts, the 8' X 4' ones....??? I'm looking to build one, looking for ideas like: Screen Floor or Wood floor? and what would work best for my Wisconsin climate?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, it's kinda like that one..........................

·
Registered
795 Posts
I was thinking about building one of those ( in the pic.) but I figured that my pigeons would prefer 12 cubic ft of air space, per pigeon, and I could get that, and more (more space the better) by building a rectangle box, with 3 sections.
Plus, I'm not too fancy, neither are my pigeons! :cool:
I have an old cable spool (acts as a table- landing board) in front of the loft, plus I can use it as a work platform when needed.
Mine is 4x8x4 ft. with 3 sections.
Pretty basic, easy to build, easy to move.
I could always build another loft, and use this as a breeding loft, or take the sections out, and use it as a kit box type of loft.
It's a pretty versitile shape to work with.
I didn't want to keep too many pigeons, I only have 6, as a backyard hobby, and it works for me. :D
I don't have to walk on any mess, just lean in, and scrape into a bucket, and close it up. I do that when they are out flying.

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
I would modify it to 6x8. I have a friend with one and it is pretty tight. A loft of your wing span is the perfect width. Making it 6 feet wide is much better. If it will be your only loft, I would go 12x6 so you can have two sections.

Randy

·
Registered
219 Posts
Wow! I like the feeder box. I might just copy it. Do you have a patent on it? LOL. How thick is the plexi glass? Loft looks great! I like the color. The perches looks awesome. Easy poop cleanup, huh?

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
ceee0237,
I like your loft! It was probably expensive to build, isn't it?

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Wow!, That is a well constructed loft. All the details are there. You must have spent a lot of time planning that sucker out. Beautiful work my friend and I know that you birds are pretty much spoiled now. My birds would totally hate me if they saw your loft!

G

·
Thank you guys! All materials on loft costs me about $800. Lakota please see my last two photos on page 1 these nest fronts opens in two ways to put bird in i can just slide that plywood to side and for cleaning whole front opens up on hinges. Tomorrow i should start second loft for young birds soo ill post some new photos. Thanks again! Cee!
lol thanks for filling me in on that < was wondering if the solid part slide to the side bit its hard to tell from just the pictures , they are a brilliant design , thanks for sharing that ,you really should be proud of the great work that you have done there ;)

1 - 20 of 97 Posts