Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know awhile back there was someone making diapers for pigeons and doves that are house birds...I have tried to find links or websites with no luck....was thinking of making one for my housebound feral, as I have to keep Spirit inside for another 2 months, bored and lonely....I'd like to let him out of his tiny cage more.

thanks!
Jenn

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wonderful!!! thanks:)

·
Registered
813 Posts
Diapers........ so glad you asked......

HI.... Oh I am SO glad you asked...:D. I ordered mine from Bonnie who is a PT member the link above is her website. I'll post it here too.. www.birdwearonline.com You can view Mine that I got for Willow, just click on my name to go to my albums.... It is labeled "Willows Fashion Debut" LOL... IT IS GREAT !!!!!!!! He is so used to getting his on that he just sits still for me now. And I agree 100% that you need to go with Bonnies!!! Less material and she personalizes them for you... and it's made with 100% love. She is amazing. It uses panty liners cut in two for the actual "diaper" part and he (Willow) hits it every time so the design is right on..... no mess and the good part if they DO miss ... you can just wash it in the sink and be done!
It was quite comical putting this on the first go.... but after laughing so hard :eek:and actually getting it on ... you learn pretty quick how, is the best way for you and your bird. Willow now just jumps in my hand as if to say ..."Ok, mom put it on and lets go"...lol..........He loves to sit ouside by the waterfall with me in the sun... Gotta admit it, I love IT TOO...:p.... Bonnie is very fast as well getting them made.... If you have any questions I am sure she'd;) be happy to answer, as well as post here and I will too.....~Jenn~

·
Registered
696 Posts
Another endorsement for Boni and her PGWear! Boni is brilliant at this and will custom-fit your bird's pants (I call them pigeon pants). I know of a pet pij that wears hers everyday and mine wear them when I take them to pet fairs (always looking to publicize the plight of rescued king pigeons and find great homes for them).

They also have a leash attachment and you can go where ever you want with your pigeon safely on your shoulder. Pij can fly in them but the leash will keep them from getting lost if they startle. People will stop you on the street- they are a real crowd pleaser!

This picture is of Rocky (charming an ACC volunteer) on 10/26 at the SF Pet Pride Day. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.