Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

Stanley just ate a ladybug that somehow got into the house. Are they poisonous?

Any advice would be appreciated! Thank you!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
146 Posts
According to the Poison Control Center they are not! Most birds will not eat them because they are bitter. He probably won't try that again!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thank you Naunnie!

I googled it and some of the sites said that they were poisonous while others said they weren't so I figured I would ask here and see if anyone had experience with their pigeons eating ladybugs. But if Poison Control says they aren't then I can breathe easy.

The funny thing is he won't eat any weirdly shaped foods such as split peas and corn (or I have to pop some in his mouth before he realizes he can swallow it and he will eat it on his own) but the first time he sees a ladybug he just pops it in his mouth. haha. spoiled much!?
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top