Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Depends upon quality/pedigree/source, of bird. If you could find someone that races them you may be able to get a 'cheap/gift bird' from them.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Staff Van Reets (SVR's) are like any other breed or brand. They are as expensive as you want them to be. The pedigrees you will find are only as good as the people you are getting them from are honest. Anybody can put anything on a piece of paper. Like I have said a million times, buy birds from someone you trust. Take the time to develope a relationship between you and the seller. In this sport people seem to be especially suseptable to scams and crooks. Just look at the threads on the guy in California that has been banned by every national organization around, has dozens and dozens of people that have been very vocal about what a crook the guy is, and yet he still succers people into spending money with him. To me, a large part of the fault goes to the people that are so gullable as to let themselves be drawn into such a mess, especially with all the press out there against him.

To answer your question, yes, good original SVR's with a verifiable record from a source you can trust (like the mother loft) are going to be expensive. But remember, crappy birds from crooks that put the Staff Van Reet name on barn pigeons are going to be expensive too. The name is really inconsequential if it is not from a reliable source.

Just my 2 cents...again!

Dan

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks dan and all this has helped memaybe i will get to know the bloke before i buy sounds like a good idea

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
thanks dan and all this has helped memaybe i will get to know the bloke before i buy sounds like a good idea
Yes Sir, That is a very good idea. Best of luck and I wish I could send you some for free but you live across a very big pond.

Good Luck,
Tony

1 - 7 of 7 Posts