Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
It looks like rollers. Check the band. Homer band, I think, won't fit on roller babies. It might be too big. And roller band wont fit homers because they are too small.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
And you probably won't know for sure what you have until you fly them, but checking the band like Rod said is a good idea.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Does the guy that owns them fly his birds? Do you want show rollers or performing rollers? If you want the performing type ONLY buy from breeders that FLY their birds. Then you can see the siblings or the ones they want sell perform in the air. If some one is trying to sell you performing rollers and wont fly them or show you some thing that performs something is wrong so be wary. There are too many good breeders who have the real thing and would gladly fly them for you.

·
Registered
53 Posts
They honestly really don't look like the Birmingham rollers we have in England. These look too plump and round.

SO did they turn out to b rollers?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
im going to see the guy tomm and i'll look at band and ask him to fly their parents or somethin cuz hes tellin me he only breeds rollers so im goin there tomm its about 2hours of drive from here thats why i wanted to ask you guyz about it i will let u guys know about it tomm

Jag Billen

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
guyz i bought them and they are rollers this pic was taken so close so they look big in the pics but they are not big they are light and small so i bought these roller and a another pair of rollers

·
Registered
44 Posts
The eyes on those birds looked to be black "Bull-eye". That is standard in white show rollers, but I can't ever recall seeing "Bull-eyes" in flying or Birmingham rollers. Does anyone else have an answer to this - pure white flying rollers are not to common where I come from.

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
The bull eyes come with the color. The gene that is causing them to be white, is called recessive white. It covers up the genetic color with white (so the bird could technically be blue or red and you wouldn't know until you breed them), and gives them black eyes.
The majority of my rollers had bull eyes. Only a few had pearl, orange, or split eyes. Sometimes eye color seems to be effected by the feather color, like how split eyes and bull eyes are common in pied birds. If these are flying Birminghams, eye and feather color were probably the least of their concerns.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
hey guyz i wanna train them now but 1 of them dont seem to b eating by it self so i feed em so when should i train them?? should i keep them hungry the whole day and feed em once? or i can leave food front of them all the time??

1 - 20 of 21 Posts