Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys well thought i'd keep u posted on how my birds are doing....

training has been going well and the birds now know their feeding schedual, and are always waiting for me too shake the can lol:)

i have now had them 3 and a half weeks and they have really progressed, i have them out walking around my patio everyday having baths and they seem really settled:) i took the bands of of their feathers today and let them walk freely and if they wanted to fly off they could of, they were out for about 45mins didnt move just wondered around... then i called them for feeding time and they flew straight from the floor onto the landing board and in the cage for their food!! i am so pleased with their progress and wondered if now would be a good time to let them have their first flight?

what do u guys think?

Mike

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
sounds like they are ready now, are they young homers? oh ok, I think they may be older homers from your last post or a mix, so at anytime they could try to fly to pre loft, but some have said they have rehomed older homers just don't know for how long.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey thanks for your reply, i thnk it turned out they were more likely rollers or a defernate mix, so do u think they will be ok?

Mike

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
hey thanks for your reply, i thnk it turned out they were more likely rollers or a defernate mix, so do u think they will be ok?

Mike
I don't have a crystal ball, but if they are roller types, I would think they would stick around, so it just all depends, if they are homers then they will do what homers do..fly home. so you will just either have to take the risk or not fly them, it's your discision to make.....sorry I can not be of more help.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats helpful enough thankyou, I think we all take a risk with flying our birds, no matter what breed.
thanks for your help.
Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts