Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Thanksgiving we found a pigeon with an AGSG band in Farmington, MN. We can't keep this Pigeon and we are looking for a new home for it.

Thanks for the info on the website on the AGSG/ Pigeon King International Birds. What a sad story.

I have also contacted 911 pigeon Alert.

We need to find an home for this bird soon. My husband has allergies to birds.

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
13,045 Posts
I'm so glad you found this tragic little pigeon.
I'm going to give you some tips that may help in finding a place for this bird.
When I'm looking for a resource in an area, the first thing I do is look up the phone numbers for the closest Humane Society. In this case, I would ask them if they know of anyone that takes Pigeons, rehabs Pigeons or does Pigeon rescue and I would ask for their numbers. Call each one and interview them to help you decide the best place for this bird. Make sure they won't euthanize it or give it to a dog trainer or gun club.
If any of the people you call are unable to help with this bird, always ask if they know of someone that can. If you can't find anyone in your immediate area, check out the next closest county and so on...
Good luck and please keep us posted.
Another option is to call your local veterinarian and ask for resources. It can be a time consuming process but it's requires following the phone number trail.

·
Registered
13,045 Posts
Also you could google pigeon clubs in your state, they might be able to help you.
That's a good idea. Just make sure they won't sell the bird at an animal auction or doing something equally as appalling. I don't think all Pigeon clubs are as caring and conscientious as our members.

S

·
0 Posts
You could make a flyer (a picture on it would be great) and put it up in local pet shops, vet offices, etc. Just make sure to check references on any prospective adopters.

Also, contact any wildlife rescue groups in your area and ask if they know of anyone who takes pigeons. Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info, Terry.

I am going to give Arty a call. I am a little leary of putting an add up at a pet store. I want to make sure the bird goes to someone who knows about these birds and will give it a proper home.

The pigeon is very pretty, almost all white with a little grey on his wings and neck. That's what caught my attention when I first saw him on top of our horse barn. I thought "Wow, a white dove". I thought it might be some strange morning dove. I went to take a closer look and it never moved and I saw it was banded. We managed to get it inside the barn and closed the doors. We then got ahold of it with a towel. I was thinking it was someones' pet.

We were an hour late of Thanksgiving diner, but it was worth it, poor thing!

It is now in an extra bird cage we happen to have stored away. But, the cage is a little small for him.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Arty came and picked up the pigeon. I am sure he has a good home now.

Thanks again for all your help!:eek:

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Good ol' Arty.........he's a good man.............glad he got the bird. Thanks again for taking care of it.

·
Banned
2 Posts
Thank You De for helping this bird.
I have the bird on a ten day mild pro biotic regiment and he/she is being secluded from my other birds for 30 days.
Traffic was terrible, it took me 2 hours to get back home from your place.
All is okay, again Thank You for helping the bird of peace.
Arty

·
Banned
31 Posts
hello

On Thanksgiving we found a pigeon with an AGSG band in Farmington, MN. We can't keep this Pigeon and we are looking for a new home for it.

Thanks for the info on the website on the AGSG/ Pigeon King International Birds. What a sad story.

I have also contacted 911 pigeon Alert.

We need to find an home for this bird soon. My husband has allergies to birds.

Thanks for your help!
hello i am good friends with agsg pigeon club i also fly birds and would like to take it so please contact me write away on [email protected]

·
Banned
31 Posts
hello

[hello their more than agsg pigeon clubs aroun the us one i of them is located in newjersy . their many members each club holds about 35 members

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
[hello their more than agsg pigeon clubs aroun the us one i of them is located in newjersy . their many members each club holds about 35 members

If there is a club for AGSG, I sure don't know about it. As far as we know, AGSG stands for: Arlan Galbraith Strathclyde Genetics Pigeon Farm
As far as there being more than ASGS clubs, I'm well aware of that. I'm just not aware of an actual AGSG club.
The birds with these bands that are being found were turned loose from their homes and have no where to go. The don't belong to anyone. That's why so many have been found.
You have been posting a lot to the OLD threads about these birds. You have been asked to tell us who you are, where you are and why you seem so desperate to find pigeons, when they aren't really that hard to find. No one here is just going to GIVE you pigeons without knowing why you want them and what you plan to do with them. I saw a post of yours somewhere and you stated that you had "200 pigeons".........doesn't sound like to me you need any more, but I guess that's not for me to say.
If you want to get responses, you really need to introduce yourself. MOST of the members here are rescue people and they're surely not going to rescue a bird and then just hand it over to someone they don't anything about.

·
Banned
31 Posts
hello

hello my name is jake jbarah. i live in brooklyn newyork. me and my friends around brooklyn share 8 different coops around brooklyn and some we breed . we take pigeons that have no were to go and give it a good home. then join our stocks. we are curious to see how birds leaving another state will do in brooklyn newyork. i am intrested in pigeons that is why i joined this website pigeon talk two weeks ago. i am happy with this website and you are also. i dont heart bids or nothing i am person who loves birds

·
Banned
31 Posts
hello

hello i really haven,t took any pictures but if you tell me were your located i can take pictures and try to send them because i don,t have a digital camera. but some of the birds i have are homers, tiplets, flights, tigeirs, magpies, rollers and many other breeds.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts