Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Say I read the post about asper. I think one of my pigeons my have it. Did you notice your birds holding their tails somewhat down and lowering the
wings a little while standing?

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I see that on various ocassions, hen before laying egg, when is hot and bird wants to cool down, stomach problems etc.
Try Apple Cider Vinegar before anything else and see how it goes.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
SF...is his/her breathing laboured at all ????

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thor's breathing seems a little labored. She may be about to lay. I am worried. A month ago my Elsa became ill and died. I thought Elsa may have been egg bound because it seemed as if there was something wrong inside. She was to one the foremost avian vets. He checked and she was not egg bound. He prescribed Doxy. Elsa had just laid two eggs. After I got home I found them. Later Elsa started breathing heavy and died. I see Thor's tail down and wings a bit lowered the same way as Elsa's so I was just wondering if it was a symptom. I had thought Elsa died because something went wrong inside when she laid. Now I am questioning what happened and hoping Thor does not meet a similar fate. How much should apple cider vinneger be diluted?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts