Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a rescue pigeon (Birmingham roller) that was surrendered and has been with the rescuer for 2 years as nobody wanted him. He is either aggressive or just loves to play rough. The previous carer did say 'he loves a wrestle' so I am figuring this behaviour is now entrenched in PerCy and is unlikely to change. It is Spring in Australia so he us frisky and has been mounting my son's jumper. He will fly to you but as soon as you try to pat him he attacks! Fortunately it does not hurt but it is not ideal. He is 2 years old now. Any comments appreciated. We got Percy because we didn't want another cockatiel as his parting broke our hearts. I hope PerCy stops attacking!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have read the posts from other members regarding protecting territory etc and one about play fighting. I am just looking for confirmation that it is ok to interact with him while he is doing this...

·
Registered
465 Posts
I always assume aggressive behavior is more stressful than fun for them. I’ve never personally seen aggression that resembles play, but I don’t have a lot of experience with tame birds. If he’s fine until you reach for him, just don’t pat him. Most pigeons don’t like being touched like that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts