Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
9,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up this gorgeous fella. Doesn't look good. For one at the center they gave him seeds, probably without first hydrating and he has a crop hard as a rock. He just sits and doesn't put up any struggle while being handled.
I gave 5 cc's of water, will give more later. S/he is very thin and smells quite bad.
Once the crop will start moving I will start antibiotics.

Has a blue band

AU 2005 ARPU 332

Renee, can you please give me some info on the owner?

Reti

Attachments

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
Ah, what a lovely bird, poor thing.

You might try a drop of olive oil mixed in warm water, too, and syringe that down. Have you thought about hydrating on the other end??

Thank you for helping another needy bird.

I'm not Renee, but here is what was listed on the AU:

ARPU- American Racing Pigeon Union

Oklahoma City, OK.

405-848-5801

Not much help, is it? Perhaps Renee has another contact.

·
Registered
9,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Treesa. The info was posted for anybody who can help.
Oklahoma is not much help but I will call, maybe they can lead me further.

Well s/he is pooping, so the crop contents start moving.
In a little bit I will give water with a bit of olive oil.
I put neem oil in the first one.

Reti

·
Registered
9,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just called the number, it is Dionne's but they are closed on holidays, so guess we will have to wait till Monday.

Reti

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Just picked up this gorgeous fella. Doesn't look good. For one at the center they gave him seeds, probably without first hydrating and he has a crop hard as a rock. He just sits and doesn't put up any struggle while being handled.
I gave 5 cc's of water, will give more later. S/he is very thin and smells quite bad.
Once the crop will start moving I will start antibiotics.

Has a blue band

AU 2005 ARPU 332

Renee, can you please give me some info on the owner?

Reti
I sent you a PM.

·
Registered
9,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
S/he is eating, pooping fine but there is still something wrong I feel.
Thanks Treesa and Renee for the info.

Reti

·
Registered
9,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did you call the owner? Have you heard from them?
I called the number you gave me yesterday and I also found another one on google (from work). I called that one too and got no response, guess due to holiday weekend.
Will try again tomorrow.
Bird is doing much better and will eat up a storm if I let him.
It's a very sweet, laid back bird.

Reti

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
I called the number you gave me yesterday and I also found another one on google (from work). I called that one too and got no response, guess due to holiday weekend.
Will try again tomorrow.
Bird is doing much better and will eat up a storm if I let him.
It's a very sweet, laid back bird.

Reti
Hopefully you'll hear something tomorrow.......but I wouldn't hold my breath......:(
Just maybe it DOES belong to one of the good guys.........keeping my fingers crossed. That city I sent you is, I see, very close.........

·
Registered
9,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I spoke to the original owner, the bird was given to somebody else, but he will contact that person and maybe he will call me back.

Reti

·
Registered
9,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, that's something I guess...........:)

Well, the 2nd owner called back and he said he gave the bird to another person, haven't heard back from him yet (and probably won't, I have a feeling).
Bird is doing much better.
Guess I have another bird that needs a forever home now.

Reti

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
I'm glad the one is doing better. I went pricing lumber this weekend. . .I am hoping to have room for at least 8 of your adoptees by June (fingers crossed). C'mon, bf's tax return! :cool: Maybe you could start a thread to see if any of our other regular members would be able to adopt from you, even by shipping? Just trying to think of ideas since it's baby bird season and all. . .of course that's all year round for pigeons it seems. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
Thank you for the update, Reti. You are doing such a great job with this bird.

maryjane, that is just super wonderful!!!!and will sure be an answer to Reti's prayers for homes.

You are the BEST!

·
Registered
9,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, I haven't heard back from owner #3 and I feel bad for this little bird. I hope she doesn't know she is not wanted anymore.
She's percked up a lot and gained some weight, only thing when I go to pick her up she will put up some resistance but as soon as I hold her she goes limp and just sits on my hand. She would be great for shows as you can do whatever you want with her.

MJ you are an angel, that would be so fantastic if you could take them in. I always worry about where my babies go, but with you I know they would have a great home.

Reti

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
Well, I haven't heard back from owner #3 and I feel bad for this little bird. I hope she doesn't know she is not wanted anymore.
She's percked up a lot and gained some weight, only thing when I go to pick her up she will put up some resistance but as soon as I hold her she goes limp and just sits on my hand. She would be great for shows as you can do whatever you want with her.
Reti
I think she is slowly gaining the ability to put up a good fight, right now she is just empty and weak, she is putting all her energy in healing and weight gain, but once she gets all the weight back watch out, she will be wing slapping you in no time! :p

She sounds like a real sweetheart, is she a hen?? She certainly deserves to be under your care.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts

MJ you are an angel, that would be so fantastic if you could take them in. I always worry about where my babies go, but with you I know they would have a great home.

Reti
My thoughts are, too bad for owner number 3! HIS (or HER) loss!!! I'm glad she's doing better. And of course your babies will be safe and sound with me, and I will be honored to have them! On that note I better get outside and get to nailin' stuff.:D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.