Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
my wife and I found a baby bird with an injured femur. We do not have enough money to take the bird to a vet so I have been searching online to find out what kind of injury the bird has and if there is a treatment for it. So far this site seems to have the most knowledgable people so I thought I would try asking for a solution here.

I am guessing the bird is about 4-5 days old. The only spot where it is visibly injured is at the top of the femur at the joint. I am unable to tell if it broken, dislocated, or just bruised and swollen very badly. The leg is curled up in the resting positon and is used almost not at all, he can't stand on it.

I would really appreciate your thoughts on what this injury might be.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
Hi everyone,
my wife and I found a baby bird with an injured femur. We do not have enough money to take the bird to a vet so I have been searching online to find out what kind of injury the bird has and if there is a treatment for it. So far this site seems to have the most knowledgable people so I thought I would try asking for a solution here.

I am guessing the bird is about 4-5 days old. The only spot where it is visibly injured is at the top of the femur at the joint. I am unable to tell if it broken, dislocated, or just bruised and swollen very badly. The leg is curled up in the resting positon and is used almost not at all, he can't stand on it.

I would really appreciate your thoughts on what this injury might be.
call around to vet offices and see if they accept wildlife as allot of rehabbers do work at clinics..or they should know one you can take the bird too.. I would say his leg needs professional care. you will have to relinquish the bird over.but most will call you on it's progress.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts