Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
please help! I have found a baby dove with a bleeding broken wing. It is pretty young, but not a hatchling, (it is just getting the pin feathers). I am unable to get any response from
local wildlife rehabilitators, and the animal shelter is closed. I am in the Dallas area.
Thank you in advance for any information you may have.

BG

·
Registered
53 Posts
oh poor thing, where is the break? try and get the bleeding to stop. i dont know too much about this but keep him/her still until you can get ahold of a wildlife center or vet.

·
Registered
21,207 Posts
Have you tried this wildlife rehab: http://www.rogerswildlife.org/

If the bleeding has not stopped, you need to get it stopped by applying firm pressure to the bleeding area with a clean dry cloth or by applying cornstarch, flour, or sugar until the bleeding stops.

Get the bleeding stopped if you can and then get the young bird into a container such as a Kritter Keeper, dog bowl, small box .. any of which lined with an old towel or T-shirt and with supplemental heat available (heating pad on low or 40 watt bulb nearby) and then warm, dark, and quiet until you can find some help.

Please post back and let us know what's going on and if you've found assistance for the bird.

Thank you so much for taking in this bird.

Terry

1 - 3 of 3 Posts