Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All.. 10 days ago I found a nestling dove in my yard. The nest was to high for me to replace him, I watched from inside to see if a parent was around to take care of him... nope. A rehabber I called told me to leave him outside and let nature take its course. I just couldn't leave him to the ants or crackles..I figure he was only a day or two old. He is doing great. Feeding him Kaytee exact with Cal-D-Solve supplement. 2 days ago, he was climbing to the edge of his nest and his right leg splayed out behind him and appeared to stick. He shook it a couple of times and it went back under him but it is farther behind him and out to the side. He is wobbly and uses his elbow and wing to keep in balance. We bought pipe cleaners to bind his legs, but I wanted the experts opinion on whether this is the right course. It doesn't slow him down much...and he grips well with both feet... Any advice is appreciated!!!

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.