Pigeon-Talk banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

Registered
Ok, thanks, I understood how it works, I didn't know it. I learned another thing from you!

You made a lot of jumps, did you miss them when you went back home?

Sometimes older brothers think to be "better" than younger. In my case it's the opposite, I'm the older sister but my brother thinks to be better than me 馃槄. I'm joking, I'm sure Ray was really proud of you and just wanted to encourage you to give the best of yourself.

I know the Vietnam War, it was a really hard war.
My great-grandparents fought in War World II.
My great-grandpa Giuseppe (Joseph) was a partisan. My great-grandpa Domenico even spent a period in a concentration camp because he fought Nazi. Btw the camp was freed by Americans...thanks!

55$ more per month sounds good, I guess you were happy! Lol how did you spend them? Girlfriends 馃槈?!?

I will be glad to see the pic of your brother.

Registered
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
View attachment 74154 Hi Cololbina, your great grandpa Joseph he must have been a real badass sob those partisan faced death and torture if they were caught i have the utmost respect for men like him without men like him helping the allies the war would have dragged on longer then it did, i salute him, i wonder how many bridges and railways men like your grandpa blew up to slow the Nazi down and men like your grandpa Domenico spending time in a concentration camp and having to deal with some of most Cruelest and brutal people in the world im reffing to the S.S, i also salute him, just to let you know my dad sent a few Nazi to an early grave. i posted a pic of my older brother ray he to was a real badass he earned 2 bronze stars for valor and gallantry in viet nam ther a 3 types of bronze stars my brother has the one with a v on his medals the hardest one to get he also made the only combat jump in viet nam operation junction city and fought in some of the most pivetol battels in viet nam if you have any time google dak to and hill 875, his unit was 2nd battalion of the 503 infantry 173 airborne brigade, the pic has my grandma in it the pic was taken a few weeks be for he went to viet nam, when ever i go shopping be it walmart or home depot or lowes or even in the street and i see a guy with airborne wings on his hat i say one word to him airborne and if replies with all the way then i know he was a sky soldier, my next post will be about where my screen name beachwood45789 comes from does any know??? Robert

Registered
Thanks for the pic of your brother. He was a really good-looking guy. I'm sure your grandma was really proud of both her nephews. Btw she had a nice and sweet face.

I read online about the battle of Dak To and Hill 875 (November 1967), the website said that it was one of the most bloody and violent episode of Vietnam War. I'm sure that your brother was a real hero, a really brave guy, he really deserved the two bronze stars. I also read that the 173 airborne brigade was awarded the Presidential Unit Citation.

Yes, you are right, S.S. were horrible men and their camps were a real hell. The histories of my great-grandpa Domenico were terrible.
There was a S.S. in the camp who threw the cooking water (the one used to cook potatoes) on the ground. The S.S. essentially did not give food and water to prisoners so my great-grandpa had to lick/drink that water to survive...they were cruel and brutal men as you said... Thanks so much to your dad who sent a few Nazi to an early grave...

Yes, my great-grandpa Giuseppe was a tough guy, he also had a big heart and did everything for his family too. Next time I will tell you some histories about him and Fascist. I'm going to look for some photos but probably all the pics are in Italy (in this period I'm in France).

In the meanwhile I would like to know where the name beachwood45789 comes from! Honestly I was wondering about that...

21 - 23 of 23 Posts