Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

My short face paraguay baby is dying at last stage of hatching. They cant exit from egg. Yolk is still on their naval. I saw something weird on their back neck. Last time when I saw the neck, I thought its water, when that baby died I cut that place to see what is there. Thats not water, that was small piece of flesh.
BTW..parents was siblings. They are not very old pair. Please see those image and help me.

Attachments

·
Registered
838 Posts
How old is this egg? From the look of it, the chick has not fully develop yet.

how did you know that the chick die inside the egg?

Egg takes up normally 18-20 days to hatch.

Can this be genetic defect?? Some breeders disagree but this sure looks like genetic defects.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The egg is 19 days old. Yesterday I've seen a hole and crack on this egg, last night I gave 3/4 drop of water on the chicks beak it was inside the egg. I thought it could help him. Today morning when I tried to check I saw the baby died inside the egg :( He/she made the hole on egg him/herself but cant get out. The baby's parents is sibling, is that problem ? If its for genetic defects, how to get rid of this ? :(

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
The hatchling is getting out of the egg before he absorbs his yolk he needs for the first 24 hours of living. I really do not know why these embryos would hatch too early, perhaps there is a genetic problem. it does take time for them to get out of the egg, perhaps even a day's time. they take breaks and they absorb the yolk and do not need help if heatlhy. this hatchling looks like it was helped out of it's shell too early which is fatal most times. they should not have water dropped in their shell they could aspirate and drown.

Disease is another reason things can go wrong, they may be carring a bacterial disease from the parent birds and just are not thriving to grow and be normal.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The baby didn't get out from shell, that morning I tried to check the egg and I found the baby died inside shell. I broke the shell to see what is the problem and took those photoshoot. I gave 3-4 drops of water to baby's beak to drink, not to let the shell wet. I mean my intension was to let the baby drink. I did this because I have never get any baby from this pair. This is their parents 4th time laid egg. They are young.

Thank you

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
The baby didn't get out from shell, that morning I tried to check the egg and I found the baby died inside shell. I broke the shell to see what is the problem and took those photoshoot. I gave 3-4 drops of water to baby's beak to drink, not to let the shell wet. I mean my intension was to let the baby drink. I did this because I have never get any baby from this pair. This is their parents 4th time laid egg. They are young.

Thank you
Iam not sure why the embryos are dieing in the shell, how you know that is beyound me.. it sounds like you took him out too early and he was not dead at all. best to leave the eggs ALONE, check them on day 22 to not be tempted to intervene or crack the egg open.. which is a mistake, (never do it)..which is what I think the answer to the mystery is.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think you have missed some prevous post. I mentioned that, at 19th morning I have seen a crack and small hole on this egg which he/she did then I gave drop of water to the baby's beak by the hole he/she have done. I waited 24 hours and the next morning I have seen baby died inside the egg. I have seen this by the egg hole not done by me. Hope I made you understand my points now. I don't help baby to get out from shell, yes sometimes I fed them drop of water by egg hole to give them some energy maybe its wrong.

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
OK, so you didn't 'help' the baby in any way by cracking him out of the egg. You just observed that he/she began breaking out, but died before he hatched.

You have 2 variables here: 1) you gave the water 2) the parents are siblings.

It could be either of these. Perhaps the water did it. Or perhaps the parents keep producing genetically defected babies.

·
Registered
838 Posts
If this is their fourth time and it keeps happening like this than this may in fact be a genetic defect. So now this can be proven that siblings mating will yield undeveloped chick and death chick.

Spriit_wing may have a point too about the parents may carry deadly disease.

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
If this is their fourth time and it keeps happening like this than this may in fact be a genetic defect. So now this can be proven that siblings mating will yield undeveloped chick and death chick.

Spriit_wing may have a point too about the parents may carry deadly disease.

You can't possibly know that the fact that they were siblings has caused this. Nothing has been proven. You can't be sure what has caused it.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
From the looks of it this embryo had at least a few days or more left to develope, if left to do so, it would of hatched most likely. This is a picture of a baby not ready to hatch, he was only out of his shell because he was forced and died.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks too everyone for taking this seriously. That pair laid egg for the time. First 2 times egg didn't incubate. 3rd time an egg incubate another got rotten. I did wait 23 days then found pulse was stoped. The 24th day i cracked that egg and found the same like 4th time. I only crack egg when I am 100% sure that baby is dead inside. This morning I found the 2nd egg cracked by the baby :) last time I ve checked saw the baby get his/her body out almost 40%. Pray for my baby to survive :) . I will try 5/6th time with that pair. I will give them rest for months, I mean will make that pair separate for 1/2 months. Will provide them vitamins and will try again. Please pray for them and help me sometimes.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
just stay away from the eggs in the future and they should be fine. if the second egg is just hatching that shows the one you opened was still developing and was in the process of aborbing the yolk. too bad.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts