Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please meet baby Peanut, offspring of Pepper and Parfait. Pepper and Parfait are siblings and are the daughter and son of my beloved Traveler and FanFan. Some of the family background can be gleaned here: Family Tree

Pepper and Parfait are first time parents and did OK with Peanut for the first few days. I found Peanut way far away from Pepper and Parfait this morning and saw that s/he had been slightly pecked on the top of the wings by the other birds. Not wanting to take a chance with this precious little bird, I removed Peanut at least for the day and night and am considering moving Pepper and Parfait to a private abode with Peanut until Peanut is grown. We'll see how things go.

Peanut isn't exactly an oops baby as I did notice that Pepper and Parfait had paired up and made a nest and laid two eggs. I guess I just decided that what would be would be. Turns out only one egg hatched, and the lovely little Peanut is here with us now.

I'm glad to have another little part of Traveler with me!

Terry

·
Registered
10,376 Posts
Ohhhhhhhhhh...golly...

So are you handing out 'Pink' Banded Cigars? Or 'Blue' Banded ones?

I myself let a not-exactly-oooops Baby occur a while back...such a joy to have 'peeping' going on again!

Phil
Lv

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
s/he is adorable, as all babies are. Trying to separate the family from the others may be a good idea. Hope it helps, and you don't have to raise her. Please update us as Peanut grows.

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
OOOOh....Terry, what a cutie, ....and another living memorial to the noble Traveler. I will be looking forward to updates on this little darling! :)

Thanks for sharing.

·
Guardian Angel
10,523 Posts
I agree with Treesa!!

What a cutie and I know how happy you are with this birth, Terry!

Wishing Peanut ALL OUR VERY BEST WITH LOVE, HUGS and SCRITCHES

Shi :)

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
sweet baby there, sometimes it is too hard to resist to NOT let them hatch... I have done it on occasion.:)

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Congratulations!!!

What an adorable memento of Traveler. Can't wait to see how this little one turns out!

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Bet you'll miss the feedings! LOL. Well maybe sometimes! Good excuse to handle such a cute little ball of feathers.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts