Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Very pretty colored birds. What's with Poptarts (love that name) eyes? I was expecting some sort of owl pigeons for parents. Poptart is a cutie for sure, and his Mom is just beautiful.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just thought they looked huge because the down wasnt as long as it could be. Think i have more of an issue??:confused:

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
I just thought they looked huge because the down wasnt as long as it could be. Think i have more of an issue??:confused:
No, I don't think it's an "issue"......I just thought because of the "big" eyes, that it was a different breed. Guess we'll see how it turns out, huh? :)

What breeds do you have in the loft?

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
They're precious. I love the colors.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:eek: Hmm, i only raise homing pigeons. Hope little Poptart isnt bug eyed. Haha. Im going to try to keep up with pictures, but i only have my cell phone. So i guess we have something to pay attention too. I had a pair of Satinettes back in March but i dont think Freezepop met them.

·
Registered
128 Posts
So cute, don't you just love it when they are babies, I wish I had my camera yesterday, one of my babies that we had put over into the young bird end decided I was to be a good place to stand so was on my head and shoulders for about 20 minutes, I couldn't get a thing done in the loft for him.

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
I can't access some of those photobucket pictures of hen and cocks.

But I have to admit your birds are very pretty. I love their varied colors.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks Rod :)

I do enjoy my little flock of oddities. .... Though last night one of my hens with babies died :( So now im hoping the male commits to being a father and not the gigalo hes used to being. I dont know what i will do if he doesnt, I have no expereince hand rearing. At first i thought bringing the babies and Dad in would help since they would be seperated from the flock and he could remain focused strictly on Dad activities. But he was only concerned with getting out, so i moved them all back this morning. He seemed to feed them not long after that, but i hope they are getting enough. :(

1 - 20 of 42 Posts