Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys I am new to this forum and any help will be appreciated. Pigeon baby is left in nest alone . It’s rainy season here. Day before I saw both parents came to feed the baby . Yesterday I didn’t see . The nest with thrown by my domestic help without my permission later I yelled at him for that however the baby is out and fledging . Still dependant on parents however I haven’t seen any today . What should I do ? Couple of times baby fell on ground and my domestic help was directed to put baby back in the attic gently .

·
Registered
6,934 Posts
Can you post a photo of the baby? When 2 weeks and older, the parents start leaving them alone for longer periods. You will hear him squeaking when the parents come to feed him. You can check his droppings. If brown and firm (resembling a large raisin) then he is getting fed. Always put him back in the same spot where the nest is located.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you post a photo of the baby? When 2 weeks and older, the parents start leaving them alone for longer periods. You will hear him squeaking when the parents come to feed him. You can check his droppings. If brown and firm (resembling a large raisin) then he is getting fed. Always put him back in the same spot where the nest is located.
Thanks Marina ..! I shall put the baby’s picture . Since my domestic help threw away the used nest , the baby is up in the attic sitting . I have never heard him squeak . Saw The Parent day before and today so far haven’t seen. I’m worried about the baby as I have no experience about birds . Lemme post pic

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Check his latest droppings. If green and creamy, then he is not getting fed.
Sure Mariana .. I’ll check the dropping and also try and take picture will let you know after sometime . Baby doesn’t even squeak .. but flaps it’s wings .. I wonder if it’s because of destroyed nest

·
Registered
6,934 Posts
Is that where the nest was located? So the parents can enter for feeding? Flapping of the wings is fine, he is practising how to fly. Check his droppings plse.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dear Mariana …. Omg I’m so happy !! The mom returned !!!! 😃 Thank you sooo much for the help
Yea but I saw a crow today hovering .. I chased it away but without parents constantly present to protect the baby is still vulnerable . I just pray it stays safe as I can’t stay up to watch over it always … I do keep checking though

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Baby looks old enough to start flying soon and then will follow the parents. Lets hope he stays safe. 🙏
Hope so too Mariana .. today I haven’t seen any parent again it’s 4 pm … baby was pecking it’s body .. I don’t know if it’s hungry … should I offer food or just let him be ..? I am keeping guard as much as I can … lots of crows and Other birds around … I just hope parents don’t forget him .. he doesn’t even squeak … I’ll keep you posted .

·
Registered
6,934 Posts
Parents won't forget about him. Pecking at his body indicates external parasites like mites. You can put down a bowl of water and seed for him. But this may probably attract other pigeons that might drive him away.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hope so too Mariana .. today I haven’t seen any parent again it’s 4 pm … baby was pecking it’s body .. I don’t know if it’s hungry … should I offer food or just let him be ..? I am keeping guard as much as I can … lots of crows and Other birds around … I just hope parents don’t forget him .. he doesn’t even squeak … I’ll keep you posted .
Parents won't forget about him. Pecking at his body indicates external parasites like mites. You can put down a bowl of water and seed for him. But this may probably attract other pigeons that might drive him away.
Hi Mariana there is an update … the baby bird’s dad came to feed him and just after that I saw the baby bird outa nest and now he is on a rope in my balcony like it wants to fly but is still sitting on that rope since last 4 hours .. should I put it back in the nest or should I leave her right there sitting ? Also it’s flapping it’s wings but parents aren’t around ..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You can leave him where he is. He will start flying soon.
You are right .! I just did that and the baby is flying in bits and moves round , thing is I will miss him Mariana !! Once he flies away ..😣… part of me was thinking to cage him and keep with me and take good care of him but that’s not cool … so I guess I’ll miss him … I’ll keep you updated … as of now he is circling hopefully he is practising

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
There will be more babies in the future to look out for. He deserves to be free.
There will be more babies in the future to look out for. He deserves to be free.
Hi Mariana … the little guy flew away .. Took his last feed up in the attic today in my house …. I just miss the baby pigeon … practically guarded him many days.. many babies ?? But the pigeons nest is not there in my attic now … will they make nest here ever again ..? Any idea ?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts