Pigeon-Talk banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Nystarin dosage will be 0.3 ml twice a day. You can make your own applesauce by peeling a apple and cook till soft. Mix with some water.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Sounds as if he is dying. Are you keeping him warm?
Im Sorry to inform you all that the baby is no more.
I failed to provide him proper care and lacked knowledge require to hand rear them.

he started vomiting by himself so i performed crop flush and turned out to be there a large lump of human baby formula which almost felt like rubber (more like milk cream). As I informed earlier he was discharging water through beak , I think he was heavily aspirated by that time, and got further more aspirated during the crop flush process and was already very weak to live even an hour before I performed crop flush. he died within 10 - 15 minutes after that.

For any indian who is a newbie and ever come across this discussion ,
do not follow the ill knowledged youtube videos blindy and never feed birds with something containing milk content ( hope im not wrong about this point)
do find someone expert to guide you step by step
if you can afford an expert avian vet go for it as there is no money that can buy a life or save a life so dont think twice if you can afford go for it

and if you're like me a student who cannot afford a expert avian vet. find someone expert online and be careful of everything you do for them , google an baby bird formula and order it on amazon flipkart etc

If the government vet service near your area is good go for it as in my area the doctors just care for their salary and filling their patient log book , doesnt provide any light on whats the issue and just gives a deworming.

Thankyou Everyone for the quick respond .
May Allah help and make people succesfull in saving life of any creature.

·
Registered
Pigeon rescue and rehabilitation
311 Posts
He would have needed a crop flush and nystatin for Candida albicans or an antibiotic if the sour crop is from a bacteria. A white discharge could be either yeast or bacteria. He needed food every 4 hours and to go without food 24 hrs is bad, especially when they are small and definately if they are frail or weakened from infection.

You did your best and tried to reach out for help.

I am sorry he did not make it :(

Reactions: SyedShoaibAhmed

·
Registered
311 Posts
You are correct Syed, everyone please do not use milk-based or human baby formula. Even the cereal grain baby cereal mix can promote infections like sour crop and lack the nutrients young pigeon nestlings need.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Thank you Syed for trying to help him. All our kind actions do not go without notice.

Reactions: SyedShoaibAhmed
21 - 26 of 26 Posts