Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,
Sorry for not writing for long.Mabrook is dng very well,thankyou for all the help from the forum for same.will post his latest snaps.
This eve i found a baby pigeon on the ground.The baby Pigeon appaeras very sick.I have kept her seperately on abox. herevthe summer is just begining.So iam not sure if the heat has affected her.PL HELP.its night now so i have just left her there.Tmrw i will feed her .pl guide.
Reg,
SaroGopal.

·
Premium Member
9,478 Posts
Hi

Can you give us more details? How 'baby' is the pigeon - tiny, yellow or bigger and with feathers and maybe some wisps of yellow, for example. What is it doing/not doing that makes it appear sick. Can you post a picture?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dear John,
sorry to say that the baby passed away early this morning around 3 am.My neighbour who knows a bit abt birds told me the bird is infected as it had yellow spost all over its face etc and wasnt even moving.She told me atleast you will give the baby a decent death .I made her comfortable as possible.Last night i was gng thro all the threads to see if i can find what happened to her.May the baby's soul rest in peace.Thankyou for the prompt response as usual.Love Pigeon forum.
warm reg,
SaroGopal.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
It could have been Pox or it could have been Canker. Pox being a virus and Canker being a bacterial infection. It sounds like it was at a very advanced stage....

You did well by giving him/her a safe and peaceful place to pass on. Sometimes it is all we can do.

I am just wondering....if you feel that you would be doing more possible Pigeon rescues in the future, you perhaps should get a small "medicine cabinet" of some typical medications, to have on hand BEFORE you find the next Pigeon. Just a thought.

A plastic 1cc syringe, some Metronidazole, some Amoxycillin, some Ivermectin wormer, and maybe some Medacam (as it is easy to get in India, I understand) would be good to have on hand.

I am glad Maybrook is well. He has found a very good friend in you.

Do post some photos of him sometime. Also, keep an eye out for other ill Ferals....

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi Jaye,
glad to hear from you.I would probably go on and on abt MABROOK and all his pranks.He is a bit adamant acc to my husband.Would love to post more snaps on him.
I live in MUSCAT,Oman.my apartments is full og wild federal who make th AC units their house.i did rescue a baby bird who had fallen down from his home ,he was ok but later during the day he too passed away.there was no visible injury and i thought i will keep him for the night( most areas are filled with cats due to abundance of non-veg in trash).as you sayy i will try to get the medicinesand keep if they give over the counter here.Summers are very cruel in the Gulf and im dreading abt fate of animals around.God be with all.
warm reg,
SG.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
hi all,
IM IN TROUBLE AGAIN.I JUST FOUND A BABY pigeon who must be a few moths old sitting outiside my door.his body is twisted to one side .i think he had afall.but when i lifetd him he protested and flapped his wings and made a sound.pl help.IM NOT SURE IF I CAN FEED ORS AS HIS NECK SI TURNED TO ASIDE.WILL POST SNAP TO [email protected]@sbcglobal.net .PL help.Summer is setting in here.if its heat exhaustion will they twist their neck...im not sure.TANQ IN ADVANCE.
next im worried MABROOK will catch infection from the birds i rescue.anyway i have kept him in a carton box but MABROOK IS ALSO IN THE HALL DURING THE DAY.
pl help.
reg,
sg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts